Sightseeing in Khust should start with the Church of St. Elizabeth, which is located at the intersection of Constitution and Carpathian Sich streets. The reformed Church of the XIII-XIV centuries consists of three parts: an independent tower, a nave and an apse organically United with them. The walls of the temple are decorated with Gothic Windows. During the restoration in 2005, interesting frescoes of the XV century depicting knights in armor were found inside the temple. A similar Church of the XIII-XIV centuries was preserved in the village of Vyshkovo in the Khust district.
A walk through Vinogradov should start from its center, where in the square between Mir and Shevchenko streets is the majestic ascension Church of the XV-XVI centuries. In the XVI century, the Church was at the epicenter of the conflict between Protestants and Catholics. The Church changed hands and was repeatedly destroyed until it was finally taken over by the Catholics in 1690. Later, the temple was destroyed again, this time by fire, when in August 1717, Vinogradov was captured by the Crimean Tatars for two days. Later, in 1748, at the expense of Bishop Eger Barkotsi, the Church was rebuilt and transferred to the Catholic community of the city. A bas-relief of the Bishop's coat of arms is preserved on the facade of the Church. Another reconstruction of the Church took place in 1889. The architecture of the Church traces elements of Romanesque and Gothic styles with the predominance of the latter.
The tour should continue to the ruins of the Kankov castle ...
More on the blog
The first documentary mention of the city is recorded in 1447. Its first inhabitants were probably fleeing peasants from Galicia and the foothills of Transcarpathia. The inhabitants of Rakhov at that time were mainly engaged in cattle breeding and logging and rafting.
Transcarpathian art Museum named after Joseph bokshay was founded in 1948. It is located in the building of the former komitat administration (zhupanat) - an architectural monument built in 1809 in the architectural style of classicism.