One of the largest villages Tyachevsky district there is a lower Apsha (until 2004 Dibrova). The population of the village is more than seven thousand people. The first written mention of it dates back to 1380. The main local attraction, the ancient there are Nigerian St. Nicholas Church with belfryyou can’t see it from the road, so you need to turn left at one of the rural intersections. The Church was built in 1604 and rebuilt in the XVIII century. It stands on a high hill. This temple is a fine example Maramorosh Gothic. Above the pews, stands a square tower with a gallery and arcade. The dome is decorated with decorative turrets. The interior features paintings from 1825 and wood carvings. To the West of the Church is a square, single-tiered bell tower. A little spoil an archaic form of temple’s modern white doors. In Soviet times, the temple was Museum of folk life, which saved it from destruction. In 1994 the Church was returned religious community.
There is another one in the village wooden church St. Basil’s, which was built in the XVIII century. According to researchers in the XIX century, this Church underwent a significant reconstruction. A room was added to Babinets to increase the internal space. Thus the Church became longer, and the tower with the spire was in the middle of the roof of the temple. In 1928, the roof of the temple was covered with eternite. Subsequently, the temple was unsuccessfully repaired. The roof of the Church was covered with tin. Wooden steps were replaced with concrete ones. The walls were painted brown. Inside the Church was covered with cardboard and painted. All this has spoiled the historical flavor of this valuable landmark.
Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!
Давайте покращимо цю статтю!
Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?