The village of solochin in svalyavsky district was first mentioned in 1430. The village has a population of 1250 inhabitants. It stretches between the mountains of Kraha and Tetanic. The name of the village alludes to the saline soil rich in mineral waters. There are more than a dozen springs near the village. For example, at the foot of mount Tesanik there is a hydrogen sulfide spring, and in The belasovitsa tract there is a source of "Volkov kvas", named after the name of the owner of this source in the Austro-Hungarian period, when local water was traded throughout the Empire.
Transcarpathian art Museum named after Joseph bokshay was founded in 1948. It is located in the building of the former komitat administration (zhupanat) - an architectural monument built in 1809 in the architectural style of classicism.