Journey in Sokyrnytsya

19
The Village Of Sokyrnytsia. The Church Of St. Nicholas
The Village Of Sokyrnytsia. The Church Of St. Nicholas
0
(0)

Sokyrnytsia is only at a distance of 12 kilometers from the district center Khust district – cities Khust. The population of the village is more than five thousand inhabitants.

According to legend, in ancient times, instead of a village on this place was dense forest. It was used as a shelter and a place for ambushes opryshky. They were actively engaged in robbing tourists who were traveling with Solotvina in Khust. Famous the leader of the opryshky those places were a brave Hatchet. Once he really wanted to drink water. The day before he had dug it up with his own hands in the forest well. So he lost no time in riding his horse toward it. When the horse arrived at the well, it suddenly began to kick and suddenly dropped the hatchet directly to the deep well. The leader of opryshkov died by drowning in this well. The axeman’s brothers noted with regret that He had dug a grave for himself, not a well. The partisans made a grave out of the well, and later a village was founded on the site of this tragedy, which was named in honor of Toporik – Sokirnitsey.

In the heart of Sokyrnice, next to the stone Orthodox Church of the assumption of the virgin, which was built in 1993, tourists can admire the beauty gothic Nikolaev churches. Next to this temple is a chapel that was built in XIX century from wood. There is a bunk room nearby belfry, which is built in Boykov style back in 1770. The remains of a wooden fence surround the entire area. On churches you can see the cut-out numbers 1709. However, experts believe that in 1709 the temple was moved from the village of Shashvar Vinogradovsky district. The Church itself was built a century earlier before the transfer. Previously, churches were often bought and moved both in Transcarpathia and throughout Ukraine. After the carriage in Sokyrnytsya the Church has changed significantly. It has turned into a real masterpiece, which is rapidly rising into the sky.

Unfortunately, Sokyrnytsia the Church is the only one of the four Maramorosh Gothic shrines it is invalid. The icons of the local iconostasis of 1748 disappeared during the Soviet period. The interior paintings have not been preserved. The last known priest of the temple was Ivan Oros, who in 1948-1956 served a sentence in the camps of Siberia

On the walls outside of Sokyrnytsya of the temple, it is a unique collection of wooden crosses.

Наскільки корисною була ця стаття?

Натисніть на зірку, щоб оцінити статтю!

Середній рейтинг 0 / 5. Підрахунок голосів: 0

Поки немає голосів! Будьте першим, хто оцінить цю статтю.

Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!

Давайте покращимо цю статтю!

Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?

{{ reviewsOverall }} / 5 Користувачів (0 голосів)
Подобається
Що люди говорять ... Залиште свій відгук
Order by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar User Avatar
Проверенный
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Залиште свій відгук

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one