In the village of Kvasovo Beregovsky district the ruins of feudal castle’s XII century built in the Romanesque style.
Kvasovo known since the XII century, the population of the village is about 900 people. Coastal minibuses regularly go to kvass. You can also get here by Irshavsky track. In the center of the village, behind the two-story school building, you can immediately see the 800-year-old remains of the fortress. In 2004 the ruins were almost for the first time in many decades ordered freed from impassable grape brushwoods’. Today, one of the oldest Ukrainian castles is preserved in the form of fragments of walls, which are located on a hill fifteen meters high above the river Burawoy.
In the West, the fortress is surrounded by a deep moat. In plan, the castle was triangular, with a wall thickness of about 1.3 meters. The walls of the round tower-donjon, the oldest part of the castle, were two meters thick. From the East to the fortress is adjacent to the building with an unknown purpose. According to scientists, the fortress was first built of stones and wood. The fortress in Kvasovo was located in a strategically important place, from which it was possible to control the land trade salt path, and also-the exit from the Borzhava valley.
м Hungarian the nobles were finished. In 1564, the Hungarian noble diet, which was convened in Pozhoni (the old name of Bratislava), decided to destroy the Kvass fortress. In addition, the nobles decided to confiscate into the state Treasury all the property of Paul Motwani. The robber himself escaped punishment by hiding in a nearbyBronetsky castle.
However, according to available historical sources, the Kvass stronghold was not completely destroyed during this military operation. In addition, the castle and later was ruled by members of the genus Motwani. In support of these facts, the relevant documents have been preserved Royal charters. In what year the Kvass castle was completely destroyed is still a mystery.
The castle buildings, still in good condition, are described in an article by the journalist Beila Lukac, published in the newspaper “Bereg” in 1889. Emil Turani, the publisher of the unique monthly kvass rural magazine “Lont”, made an effort to study the history of the fortress and kvass itself.
Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!
Давайте покращимо цю статтю!
Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?