For the first time the name of the village Chernogolova Of the bereznyansky district...
Places in the Carpathians
The village of Osiy in the irshavsky district of the Transcarpathian region is a popular place for skiing holidays. Here, in the Kamenka tract, there are two tracks of initial and medium difficulty. They are equipped with rope tows and a snow groomer. At night, the tracks are illuminated.
From the history of the Carpathians
In 1872, a railway was laid through Volovets, which gave an impetus to the further rapid development of the village. Since 1957, Volovets has received the status of an urban-type settlement and district center. During the years of Soviet rule, administrative buildings, a communications center, a cultural Center, a tourist center "Plai", and a shopping complex were built here. Today Volovets is one of the tourist centers of Transcarpathia. From here start the routes in the Borzhava Polonina.
Without songs, music and dancing, it is impossible to imagineTranscarpathians. At the same time,...
Far from Palace DugaevtrackSvaliava-Khust turns to the East, in the direction of the...
On the territory Khust district In the Transcarpathian region, near the village of Olshany,...
The city of Irshava is located on both banks of the Irshavki river-tributaries of...
From the village Flow you should return to the Central highway and after a...
In the village of Lisichevo, irshavsky district (mentioned since the XIII century, the population is over 3 thousand inhabitants), the only operating water forge in Europe-the Gamora Museum on the Lisichantsi river. This modest at first glance long one-story building with a wicker fence is a living piece of history. The name of the forge, built in the first half of the XIX century on the site of the old paper mill of count Teleki, comes from the German word Hammer (hammer). Transcarpathians still call big hammers scales. #кузнягамора
The regional coat of arms of Transcarpathia was proposed and approved by the Parliament...
Augustin Voloshin (1874-1945) - an outstanding teacher, political figure, President of the Carpathian Ukraine. He was born on March 17, 1874 in the family of a rural priest in the village of Kelechin in Mezhgorye. This is probably why he chose the path of theology and enlightenment. He studied at the Uzhgorod gymnasium, then at the theological faculty of the Theological Academy. From March 1897, he served as a chaplain in Uzhgorod, in the Tsegolnyansky Church. He continued his education at the higher pedagogical school of Budapest (faculty of mathematics and physics). Immediately after graduation, he began teaching at the Uzhgorod teachers ' Seminary ("preparandii"), and eventually became the Director of this institution.
From the history of the Carpathians
Jewish settlement of Transcarpathia began in the XV century, but most of the Jews moved to our region in the XVIII century. They moved here from Galicia, where overpopulation, political unrest and constant persecution made their life unbearable. Transcarpathia at that time was very depopulated due to the war of 1703-1711 and could accept a large number of immigrants. As early as 1787, 6,311 Jews inhabited the komitata of Ung, Bereg, Ugocha, and Maramorosh. In the first half of the XIX century, immigration from Galicia took place on an even larger scale. Further growth of migration processes and a high birth rate led to a significant increase in the Jewish population. In 1910, the Jewish communities of the above-mentioned four comitates numbered 128,791 people.
Castles and fortresses
For the first time, defense structures appeared in the Transcarpathian region in the bronze age. Then they were settlements surrounded by earthen ramparts and ditches (Ardanivske, Stremtura (Irshava), Galish-Lovachka (Mukachevo), Borzhavskoe (vary). The best type of defense structures of the middle ages in Transcarpathia are castles of the XI-XVIII centuries. Researchers distinguish two types of fortresses. The first was intended for overseeing the surrounding lands and receiving tribute from them, as well as for constant attacks. It's Mukachevo, Kwasowski, Bronicki, Nevitsky locks. The second type – the castle-guard of subordinated territories: Uzhgorod, Vynohradiv, Royal, Chynadievo, Serednyansky.
Areas of Transcarpathia
There are many unique landscapes in the territory of Uzhgorod created by noble Hungarian families: Uzhhorod - Laudona Park, Pidzamkovy Park; Nevitske - Wagner Park; Big Lazi - Ploteni Park; Drawing - park in 1848. The area is growing more than 300 species of exotic plants, especially want to highlight the Japanese sakura, cypress, Himalayan pine, pavilion, magnolia.