According to legend, already in the XI century, the Byzantine emperors asked Hungarian king about the sale of medicinal salt water from the Carpathian mountains mountain. The condition of the” kvass ” (mineral) springs was monitored by shepherds who grazed their flocks near the village Glade. Here the Royal messengers gathered useful water in special bellows made of calfskin, so that later caravans took it to the baths of the Byzantine Emperor.
At the end of the XIV century in Transcarpathia began to use mineral water for therapeutic purposes. Healing baths were made very simple: in the hollows of rocks or in holes smeared with clay, heated with hot stones mineral water. This was the prototype of the first balneological sanatoria’s.One of them was located in the village of Lumshory, which is on the PureCinema. Mineral water was heated here in cast-iron vats. One such VAT, dated 1600, has been preserved and is still in use. Local mineral water was used primarily in the treatment of rheumatism.
In 1558, envoys of the Moscow Tsar Ivan the terrible, returning to Moscow from Constantinople after negotiations with the Turkish Sultan in transit through the territory of Transcarpathia, first tasted the local mineral water. When they returned home, they said that in the Poloninsky mountains there are water sources that taste sweet or similar to vinegar. There are also hot springs where you can even cook food. Many people are treated in those waters and find healing.
In 1576, the Transylvanian Prince Stefan Batory, elected by the nobility as king of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (Poland), stopped on the way from Semigrad to Cracow. Glade Svalyavsky district. The Prince’s doctor was the founder of Polish medicine, Wojciech Ochko. He also recommended taking medicinal baths before the coronation, so as to appear before his subjects cheerful and healthy.
It is known that at the beginning of the XVIII century, ambassadors were frequent guests in Transcarpathia Peter’sI. In special vessels, they carried Transcarpathian mineral water to the Russian Emperor, where it was valued no less than the Jaeger water from Karlsbad and Marianbad (now-Karlovy vary and Mariana Baths in the Czech Republic).
There are more than 400 mineral springs in Transcarpathia, one-fourth of which are located in In Svalyava district. The mineral waters of the Carpathians have been repeatedly celebrated at the international level. In particular, the mineral water Polyana Kvasova from 1842 to 1911 was awarded 21 times at international mineral water competitions.
In a small village Uklin in svalyavsky district since 2007 every year on a holiday Ivana Kupala the day of mineral springs is celebrated, during which you can taste local healing drinks and traditional dishes kitchens and can buy products of folk artists.
Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!
Давайте покращимо цю статтю!
Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?