In the center of the village, to the left of the highway, you can see the silhouette of a wooden three-pipe Dmitrievsky Church. It was built in 1780 from spruce beams in the style of Maramorosh Gothic. This temple has preserved works of artistic carving of the XVIII century and tempera painting of the XVII century. Unfortunately, the roof of the temple is covered with tin.
Uzhgorod castle is about 1000 years old. At first, the fortress was made of wood. And the walls around were built in 1653-1658, just during the Polish invasion
Nowadays, Ust-Chorna is a good option for winter holidays. The village is located in Gorgany at an altitude of 553 m. There are ski trails of various levels of complexity with a length of about 1000 m. They are equipped with rope and chair lifts with a length of 250 meters, 400 meters and 750 meters. Skiers mostly stay at the popular tourist base "Christmas Tree".
Especially like to relax here lovers of mountain skiing. In Kobyletskaya Polyana there are two ski slopes with a width of 100 meters, a length of 500 and 800 meters, and a height difference of 50 and 80 meters, respectively. They are located on the territory of the resort complex "trembita".
The situation of the Orthodox clergy in Transcarpathia in the XVI-XVII centuries deteriorated significantly. He was oppressed by both Catholics and Protestants. In the confrontation between Catholics and Protestants, the Orthodox clergy decided to compromise with Rome. So on April 24, 1646, in Uzhgorod castle, 63 Orthodox priests led by Vasyl Tarasovich in the presence of the Catholic Bishop of Yeger, Gyorgy Yakushich, accepted the Union, that is, they agreed to join their Church to the Catholic one and recognized the supremacy of the Pope. However, a number of exceptions were made, in particular, the rite of the Greek Church was preserved. The agreement was implemented very slowly. Only in 1651, Rome approved the first Greek Catholic Bishop of Mukachevo, Peter parthenius. Only in 1771 was the Greek Catholic diocese of Mukachevo itself canonized.
Sightseeing in Khust should start with the Church of St. Elizabeth, which is located at the intersection of Constitution and Carpathian Sich streets. The reformed Church of the XIII-XIV centuries consists of three parts: an independent tower, a nave and an apse organically United with them. The walls of the temple are decorated with Gothic Windows. During the restoration in 2005, interesting frescoes of the XV century depicting knights in armor were found inside the temple. A similar Church of the XIII-XIV centuries was preserved in the village of Vyshkovo in the Khust district.