Augustin Voloshin (1874-1945) - an outstanding teacher, political figure, President of the Carpathian Ukraine. He was born on March 17, 1874 in the family of a rural priest in the village of Kelechin in Mezhgorye. This is probably why he chose the path of theology and enlightenment. He studied at the Uzhgorod gymnasium, then at the theological faculty of the Theological Academy. From March 1897, he served as a chaplain in Uzhgorod, in the Tsegolnyansky Church. He continued his education at the higher pedagogical school of Budapest (faculty of mathematics and physics). Immediately after graduation, he began teaching at the Uzhgorod teachers ' Seminary ("preparandii"), and eventually became the Director of this institution.
This village has always been noted for its developed recreational potential. The flow of tourists to Novoselitsa has grown significantly in recent years, after the ski Busa with tow lifts was opened here. The ski track itself is 1200 meters long. The tow lift with ratrak operates on 950 m of the route, its capacity is 850 people per hour. The height difference on the novoselitsa ski track is 270 m.
One of the best examples of temple architecture of Transcarpathia past is the Church of the Archangel Michael of XVIII Century With S. Shelestove Mukachevo district, which is a jewel of a Museum exposition of the Transcarpathian Museum of folk architecture and life in Uzhgorod. Folk architects erected this temple to the glory of God, where the soul and faith of our ancestors were tempered. Contemplation of the man-made exquisite harmonious image of this pearl causes admiration and a sense of national pride.
Jewish settlement of Transcarpathia began in the XV century, but most of the Jews moved to our region in the XVIII century. They moved here from Galicia, where overpopulation, political unrest and constant persecution made their life unbearable. Transcarpathia at that time was very depopulated due to the war of 1703-1711 and could accept a large number of immigrants. As early as 1787, 6,311 Jews inhabited the komitata of Ung, Bereg, Ugocha, and Maramorosh. In the first half of the XIX century, immigration from Galicia took place on an even larger scale. Further growth of migration processes and a high birth rate led to a significant increase in the Jewish population. In 1910, the Jewish communities of the above-mentioned four comitates numbered 128,791 people.
The city of Hust is located at the confluence of the river Rika with the tisu at a distance of 112 kilometers from the regional center. The Uzhgorod–Solotvino railway and the Uzhgorod-Rakhov highway pass through the city. The population of Khust is about thirty thousand people.
There is a version that the name of the city of Hust is an abbreviation of the names of the crown cities of the Maramorosh zhupa, namely: Gossumese-Long Field-Campolung (now in Romania) – “G”; Uishk – Vyshkovo – “V”; Sygit – Sigetul Marmara (now in Romania) – “S”; Techo – tychev – “T”. Thus, the first letters of the names of these cities gave the name of the city "GUST", which was later transformed into Hust.
The local climate is favorable for viticulture, and already in the middle ages, forests were cut down here to plant vacant land plots with vines. The local wine was first mentioned in 1417. Grapes enriched the region, making It one of the richest settlements in the region. The son of the owner of the middle Istvan Dobo in the XVI century expanded the wine cellars with the help of the labor of captured Turks. According to legend, the captured Turks were so cruelly exploited in these works that they all died. For a long time, local residents called srednyanskie basements not otherwise than "Turkish".
Now the total length of the Serednyansky basements is almost 4 km. In the XVII century, middle-class wines were even exported to Western Europe.
The situation of the Orthodox clergy in Transcarpathia in the XVI-XVII centuries deteriorated significantly. He was oppressed by both Catholics and Protestants. In the confrontation between Catholics and Protestants, the Orthodox clergy decided to compromise with Rome. So on April 24, 1646, in Uzhgorod castle, 63 Orthodox priests led by Vasyl Tarasovich in the presence of the Catholic Bishop of Yeger, Gyorgy Yakushich, accepted the Union, that is, they agreed to join their Church to the Catholic one and recognized the supremacy of the Pope. However, a number of exceptions were made, in particular, the rite of the Greek Church was preserved. The agreement was implemented very slowly. Only in 1651, Rome approved the first Greek Catholic Bishop of Mukachevo, Peter parthenius. Only in 1771 was the Greek Catholic diocese of Mukachevo itself canonized.