A walk through Vinogradov should start from its center, where in the square between Mir and Shevchenko streets is the majestic ascension Church of the XV-XVI centuries. In the XVI century, the Church was at the epicenter of the conflict between Protestants and Catholics. The Church changed hands and was repeatedly destroyed until it was finally taken over by the Catholics in 1690. Later, the temple was destroyed again, this time by fire, when in August 1717, Vinogradov was captured by the Crimean Tatars for two days. Later, in 1748, at the expense of Bishop Eger Barkotsi, the Church was rebuilt and transferred to the Catholic community of the city. A bas-relief of the Bishop's coat of arms is preserved on the facade of the Church. Another reconstruction of the Church took place in 1889. The architecture of the Church traces elements of Romanesque and Gothic styles with the predominance of the latter.
The tour should continue to the ruins of the Kankov castle ...
More on the blog
All over the world known brand Transcarpathian cognacs "Tisa", "Uzhgorod"and " Carpathians". No less popular are ordinary cognacs "Three stars", "Five stars", "Transcarpathian", "Nevitsky castle"and " Beskids". Their production is a fairly young branch of winemaking in Transcarpathia. It was founded in 1959 in the village of Bolshye Lazy, Uzhgorod district, where the first batch of cognac alcohol was poured into oak barrels. Subsequently, in 1961, the Transcarpathian cognac factory was established. On it in 1962, the first batch of ordinary cognac "Three stars"was born. Its vintage counterpart "Tisa" came off the Assembly line in 1967 and was immediately highly appreciated by tasters, and subsequently won two silver medals at international exhibitions. During the years 1967-1970 there was a rapid expansion of the plant's production. Gradually, all the production facilities of the Transcarpathian cognac factory were relocated to the regional center. That is why, a little later, in 1977, the Transcarpathian cognac factory officially began to be called Uzhgorod cognac factory.
Sightseeing in Khust should start with the Church of St. Elizabeth, which is located at the intersection of Constitution and Carpathian Sich streets. The reformed Church of the XIII-XIV centuries consists of three parts: an independent tower, a nave and an apse organically United with them. The walls of the temple are decorated with Gothic Windows. During the restoration in 2005, interesting frescoes of the XV century depicting knights in armor were found inside the temple. A similar Church of the XIII-XIV centuries was preserved in the village of Vyshkovo in the Khust district.
In the center of the village, to the left of the highway, you can see the silhouette of a wooden three-pipe Dmitrievsky Church. It was built in 1780 from spruce beams in the style of Maramorosh Gothic. This temple has preserved works of artistic carving of the XVIII century and tempera painting of the XVII century. Unfortunately, the roof of the temple is covered with tin.