Church of St. Paraskeva in the village of Alexandrovka

51
0
(0)

Near the temple in the village Danilovo the road turns right and leads past a hill with a Church. At a distance of two kilometers – the cozy village of Alexandrovka, Khust district Transcarpathian region, with a population of 2200 inhabitants. The main decoration of the village – church Saint Paraskeva, who stands on a hill. It was built in 1753, although there is a version that the lower part of the temple was built as early as the XV century. The harmonious forms of the Shrine are a man-made continuation of the low ones mountain, in the middle of which is located Alexandrovka.

In the Church, as in Soviet times, – rural the museum. Favorite exhibits of local children are not embroidered shirts, old irons, or even unique paintings from 1799 that cover almost every inch of the wallstemple’s. Students are attracted to the stand with paper money, which was used at different times in the Maramoroskyi. There is also Austria-Hungarian,both Czech and Romanian, and Soviet banknotes.

The paintings are made by the painter Stefan Terebelsky on the themes of the Apocalypse and original sin. The walls of Babynets are painted with figures of good and evil women with oil lamps in their hands and warlike knights. There are also four horsemen of the Apocalypse: the first holds a bow in his hands, the other a sword, the third holds a scale, and the fourth, under which the “pale horse” runs away from the open red mouth that bursts out of the ground. Some of the stories are partially preserved, and some look as if they were painted yesterday.

Closer to the altar, the faces of saints are depicted. The ceiling paintings were worse preserved: the humidity was too high. Although you can see some things, especially if you go up to the choir: here is Golgotha, here is a monster with ten legs, here is an angel. The ceiling paintings are the worst preserved. In the sacristy are the saints Nicholas, Nikephorus and John Chrysostom examine samples of Transcarpathian weaving. From all four Gothic wooden churches that are located in neighboring villages (Sokirnitsa, Krainykovo, Davydovo)the local four-tiered iconostasis of the XVIII century has been preserved better than all the others.

The dynamic composition of the volumes of the Alexander temple, which increases from a four-column porch to a 25-meter tower decorated with turrets, amazes and does not leave anyone indifferent. Next to the temple is a wooden frame belfry. Several old tombstone crosses have been preserved.

Lviv Institute of archaeology was engaged in the restoration of this churches in 2002, but due to lack of funds, the work was suspended.

Наскільки корисною була ця стаття?

Натисніть на зірку, щоб оцінити статтю!

Середній рейтинг 0 / 5. Підрахунок голосів: 0

Поки немає голосів! Будьте першим, хто оцінить цю статтю.

Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!

Давайте покращимо цю статтю!

Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?

{{ reviewsOverall }} / 5 Користувачів (0 голосів)
Подобається
Що люди говорять ... Залиште свій відгук
Order by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar User Avatar
Проверенный
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Залиште свій відгук

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one