The length of this right tributary of the Tisza is more than 90 kilometers. In calm periods, the depth of the Terebli is only 0.7-1.5 meters, and after heavy long-term precipitation, it can rise to 3-4 meters. The current speed is just under 20 kilometers per hour. It flows within Khust, Mizhgirya and Tyachiv district, Transcarpathian region
Sightseeing in Khust should start with the Church of St. Elizabeth, which is located at the intersection of Constitution and Carpathian Sich streets. The reformed Church of the XIII-XIV centuries consists of three parts: an independent tower, a nave and an apse organically United with them. The walls of the temple are decorated with Gothic Windows. During the restoration in 2005, interesting frescoes of the XV century depicting knights in armor were found inside the temple. A similar Church of the XIII-XIV centuries was preserved in the village of Vyshkovo in the Khust district.
The local climate is favorable for viticulture, and already in the middle ages, forests were cut down here to plant vacant land plots with vines. The local wine was first mentioned in 1417. Grapes enriched the region, making It one of the richest settlements in the region. The son of the owner of the middle Istvan Dobo in the XVI century expanded the wine cellars with the help of the labor of captured Turks. According to legend, the captured Turks were so cruelly exploited in these works that they all died. For a long time, local residents called srednyanskie basements not otherwise than "Turkish".
Now the total length of the Serednyansky basements is almost 4 km. In the XVII century, middle-class wines were even exported to Western Europe.
The first documentary mention of the city is recorded in 1447. Its first inhabitants were probably fleeing peasants from Galicia and the foothills of Transcarpathia. The inhabitants of Rakhov at that time were mainly engaged in cattle breeding and logging and rafting.
The length of this right tributary of the Tisza is more than 90 kilometers. In calm periods, the depth of the Terebli is only 0.7-1.5 meters, and after heavy long-term precipitation, it can rise to 3-4 meters. The current speed is just under 20 kilometers per hour. It flows within Khust, Mizhgirya and Tyachiv district, Transcarpathian region
Didivska lake is a remnant of the Black swamp Machar, on the site of a former sand quarry. The name comes from the village of Diyda (former name – Dedovo), which is located a few kilometers West of Beregovaya. Old-timers claim that a huge black snake with a long neck and a thick body lives in the lake. Based on this description, we can make the assumption that the diedivske monster is a relative of the world-famous monster from the Scottish Loch ness. According to local residents, earlier during night bathing on the lake, people often disappeared without a trace, and these victims were attributed to a mysterious snake. However, no such cases have been recorded in recent years.
In summer, lake Dyda is a favorite holiday destination for Transcarpathians and guests of the region. There is a sailing center on the lake, a cafe and a medical center
The village of Izki is located along the road from Volovets to Mezhgorye, just behind the village of Pilipets. It has a population of just over 800 people. Once the village of Pilipets was not a separate locality, but was a part of Izok
In Transcarpathia, among the inaccessible rocks of Svidovets and the Hutsul Alps, grows the magic flower Edelweiss, which is popularly called shovkova kositsa, that is, the silk flower. The Latin name of the flower Leontopodium alpinum comes from the Greek words leon – lion and podion – paw, because the appearance of the inflorescence of this plant resembles a lion's paw.
#quotedblbase
In the center of the village, to the left of the highway, you can see the silhouette of a wooden three-pipe Dmitrievsky Church. It was built in 1780 from spruce beams in the style of Maramorosh Gothic. This temple has preserved works of artistic carving of the XVIII century and tempera painting of the XVII century. Unfortunately, the roof of the temple is covered with tin.
The village is a famous balneological resort of national significance. Treat people with local mineral water began at the end of the XVIII century.
Soimy, where two roads converge in Mezhgore, and Repinka merges with her older sister, River. It is from the "conjunction" (confluence) of two rivers that the name of the village came
All over the world known brand Transcarpathian cognacs "Tisa", "Uzhgorod"and " Carpathians". No less popular are ordinary cognacs "Three stars", "Five stars", "Transcarpathian", "Nevitsky castle"and " Beskids". Their production is a fairly young branch of winemaking in Transcarpathia. It was founded in 1959 in the village of Bolshye Lazy, Uzhgorod district, where the first batch of cognac alcohol was poured into oak barrels. Subsequently, in 1961, the Transcarpathian cognac factory was established. On it in 1962, the first batch of ordinary cognac "Three stars"was born. Its vintage counterpart "Tisa" came off the Assembly line in 1967 and was immediately highly appreciated by tasters, and subsequently won two silver medals at international exhibitions. During the years 1967-1970 there was a rapid expansion of the plant's production. Gradually, all the production facilities of the Transcarpathian cognac factory were relocated to the regional center. That is why, a little later, in 1977, the Transcarpathian cognac factory officially began to be called Uzhgorod cognac factory.
Local history Museum is the largest Museum in the Transcarpathian region. The Museum was founded on 20.06.1945. Then it was called the people's Museum of Transcarpathian Ukraine and was located in 17 rooms of the former zhupanat. The Museum included departments of Ethnography, nature, and social construction. In June 1946, the people's Museum was reorganized into a local history Museum and moved to the Uzhhorod fortress in March-April 1947. At that time, there were 10,000 exhibits. Today, more than 133,000 exhibits are collected here.
The first documentary mention of the city is recorded in 1447. Its first inhabitants were probably fleeing peasants from Galicia and the foothills of Transcarpathia. The inhabitants of Rakhov at that time were mainly engaged in cattle breeding and logging and rafting.