Severe Chinadievskaya castle with two corner towers, with walls of meter thickness and with mysterious dungeons, it was built in the XIV century by a Baron Feathers. In 1657, the fortress was severely damaged by the Polish troops of count Lubomirski. 1703-1711 it was once the residence of a fierce independence fighter Hungarians Ferenc II Rakoczy. Later the castle was converted into palace.And during the Nazi occupation, the castle was turned into a terrible prison, from which almost no one came out alive.
Even not all local residents guess what a long history this unsightly building has! Unlike most Transcarpathian castles, Chinadievsky castle was not very popular among tourists until recently. Now the castle has been rented for 30 years by a local artist, Joseph Bartosz. The artist undertook to turn the castle into a cultural center. It is thanks to him, though slowly, but the restoration work is going on.
Once the castle was surrounded by moats and ramparts, now it is surrounded by modern houses and agricultural equipment. Nothing remains of the Park, which was planted in 1749, in the time of Ferenc Bashindi. The fortress was rebuilt many times: the most significant changes took place in 1734 and 1839 (the last time under the direction of the architect G. Ignacy). At the same time, workers found a bricked-up skeleton in the wall – so this is an unpowered field for fans of terrible secrets!
More than three centuries ago, the castle of chinadi, or as it was then called the castle of Saint-Miklos, witnessed the birth of an incredible love for the Countess Ilona Zrini and Hungarian rebel’s Imre Tekeli. Beautiful Croatian woman Ilona Zrini owned the castle of Saint-Miklos. Her beloved young leader of the Smoking rebels against Austrian empire, he was 14 years younger than her. Ilona’s mad love for the Hungarian hero who fought against Austrian rule was very dangerous for both of them. Soon after the wedding Imre Tekeli кinto prison. After the defeat of the rebels and the conclusion of Tekeli, the Countess lost all her wealth and titles, and children’s забрали в monastery. And she bravely met her fate and forever remained a symbol of loyalty and devotion. She spent the last years of her life in exile in Turkey with her lover Imre Tekeli.
Local residents say that the spirit of the Countess still roams the halls of the castle, and is the patron lover. Visitors who believe in true love, this Ghost helps find a couple. For those who do not believe, it blows in the face of the wind and sends a disturbing cool sensation. Most mysterious and mystical sensations are associated with the Countess’s bedroom. Unmarried girls through her window call sweet, believing that the spirit of the Countess will help them find a mate. Couples in love touch the walls, looking into each other’s eyes so that their love will never end.
Joseph Bartosz plans to restore the original appearance of Ilona Zrini’s bedroom. So that young people spend their wedding night in a room with a good aura.
Chinadievsky castle receives visitors daily from 09.00 to 18.00 hours. Login and excursion the lock is free of charge. Everyone can leave voluntary donations for the restoration of the castle in a special box.
Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!
Давайте покращимо цю статтю!
Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?