Seedlings of Japanese cherry, brought to the city over Uzh in 1923 from Austria. Nowadays, cherry trees are distributed throughout Uzhgorod. Most of them can be observed in the area of Galagi. The fact is that in the 1920s and 1930s, the Czech authorities actively developed this part of the city. Today it is the center of Uzhgorod. In the Czechoslovakian period of Glagov was a very swampy area. That is why the local soil was not suitable for many trees. The Czechs decided to plant cherry trees in Galaga, which have successfully taken root in a soft and humid climate.
Kankov fortress was first mentioned in the Hungarian chronicle "deeds of the Hungarians". In this historical source, it is claimed that in the IX century there was a Slavic settlement on the site of the fortress, and two hundred years later the Hungarians built fortifications in its place to protect the border of the Kingdom and the trade "salt road".
Even when the castle was wooden, it was destroyed by the invasion of Batu Khan in 1240. In 1262, the fortress was rebuilt. This was the center of the Ugocanski zhupa, which was the smallest by area in the Kingdom of Hungary.
The local climate is favorable for viticulture, and already in the middle ages, forests were cut down here to plant vacant land plots with vines. The local wine was first mentioned in 1417. Grapes enriched the region, making It one of the richest settlements in the region. The son of the owner of the middle Istvan Dobo in the XVI century expanded the wine cellars with the help of the labor of captured Turks. According to legend, the captured Turks were so cruelly exploited in these works that they all died. For a long time, local residents called srednyanskie basements not otherwise than "Turkish".
Now the total length of the Serednyansky basements is almost 4 km. In the XVII century, middle-class wines were even exported to Western Europe.
The local climate is favorable for viticulture, and already in the middle ages, forests were cut down here to plant vacant land plots with vines. The local wine was first mentioned in 1417. Grapes enriched the region, making It one of the richest settlements in the region. The son of the owner of the middle Istvan Dobo in the XVI century expanded the wine cellars with the help of the labor of captured Turks. According to legend, the captured Turks were so cruelly exploited in these works that they all died. For a long time, local residents called srednyanskie basements not otherwise than "Turkish".
Now the total length of the Serednyansky basements is almost 4 km. In the XVII century, middle-class wines were even exported to Western Europe.
there are two routes in voevodino. One of them is 900 meters long and is intended for adults and belongs to the category of medium difficulty. The second track, which is located on mount krasia, has a length of 300 meters and is intended for children. The height difference on highways does not exceed 100 m. There is a rope lift and a baby lift. Arrangement of descents is carried out with a ratrak. The trails are well lit in the evening and at night. Snow in" voevodino " lies from December to April.
Transcarpathian art Museum named after Joseph bokshay was founded in 1948. It is located in the building of the former komitat administration (zhupanat) - an architectural monument built in 1809 in the architectural style of classicism.
In 1872, a railway was laid through Volovets, which gave an impetus to the further rapid development of the village. Since 1957, Volovets has received the status of an urban-type settlement and district center. During the years of Soviet rule, administrative buildings, a communications center, a cultural Center, a tourist center "Plai", and a shopping complex were built here.
Today Volovets is one of the tourist centers of Transcarpathia. From here start the routes in the Borzhava Polonina.
Nikolai shugay was born in Kolochava on April 3, 1898. He was the eldest son of a woodcutter's family. Illiterate, didn't go to school. The villagers remembered him as a cheerful guy, but considered him a bully. In 1917, he defected from the army. Soon he was caught and sent back to the army, from where he managed to escape again. Once shugay killed two Czech gendarmes who were going to catch him. Since that time, for Nikolai and his younger brother Yuri, the forest has become home. Soon, the pregnant wife of Nicholas Ergy arrested, and hamlet Kolochava Lazy put a contribution in the amount of 15 thousand Koruna. In the vicinity of the village, a pass regime was introduced, and all the farmers were issued personal identification cards. All crimes in the vicinity were automatically attributed to the Shugai. At the end of 1920, Nicholas was suspected of killing a kolochavsky gendarme, in February 1921, he was credited with killing a fellow villager, and in March – 4 Jews from the village of soyma. The investigation proved that shugay killed his neighbor Ivan Derbak and burned down his house.
Sredne is famous for the remains of a 13th-century Templar castle. Serednyansky castle is considered the easternmost Outpost of this powerful medieval order and almost the only castle of the silver land in the Romanesque style. The Templars, who were not only soldiers and monks, but also enterprising businessmen, were brought to Transcarpathia by the white gold of the middle ages-salt, which is very rich in these lands. In addition to business, the Templars were engaged in providing medical care to the local population. They even knew how to perform surgical operations.
The local climate is favorable for viticulture, and already in the middle ages, forests were cut down here to plant vacant land plots with vines. The local wine was first mentioned in 1417. Grapes enriched the region, making It one of the richest settlements in the region. The son of the owner of the middle Istvan Dobo in the XVI century expanded the wine cellars with the help of the labor of captured Turks. According to legend, the captured Turks were so cruelly exploited in these works that they all died. For a long time, local residents called srednyanskie basements not otherwise than "Turkish".
Now the total length of the Serednyansky basements is almost 4 km. In the XVII century, middle-class wines were even exported to Western Europe.