Блог Go-To.Rest

Imre Reves

Imre Reves (real name Cebri) – a disciple and a faithful follower Mihály Munkácsy,...

Mini-sculpture ” Michael Strank»

On February 17, 2015, Mikhail Kolodko created a mini-sculpture commemorating an American soldier. the origin of...

Nikolai shugay the last Robin hood of the Carpathians

Nikolai shugay was born in Kolochava on April 3, 1898. He was the eldest son of a woodcutter's family. Illiterate, didn't go to school. The villagers remembered him as a cheerful guy, but considered him a bully. In 1917, he defected from the army. Soon he was caught and sent back to the army, from where he managed to escape again. Once shugay killed two Czech gendarmes who were going to catch him. Since that time, for Nikolai and his younger brother Yuri, the forest has become home. Soon, the pregnant wife of Nicholas Ergy arrested, and hamlet Kolochava Lazy put a contribution in the amount of 15 thousand Koruna. In the vicinity of the village, a pass regime was introduced, and all the farmers were issued personal identification cards. All crimes in the vicinity were automatically attributed to the Shugai. At the end of 1920, Nicholas was suspected of killing a kolochavsky gendarme, in February 1921, he was credited with killing a fellow villager, and in March – 4 Jews from the village of soyma. The investigation proved that shugay killed his neighbor Ivan Derbak and burned down his house.

Ruins of Vinogradovsky castle Kankov

Kankov fortress was first mentioned in the Hungarian chronicle "deeds of the Hungarians". In this historical source, it is claimed that in the IX century there was a Slavic settlement on the site of the fortress, and two hundred years later the Hungarians built fortifications in its place to protect the border of the Kingdom and the trade "salt road". Even when the castle was wooden, it was destroyed by the invasion of Batu Khan in 1240. In 1262, the fortress was rebuilt. This was the center of the Ugocanski zhupa, which was the smallest by area in the Kingdom of Hungary.

Religious life in Transcarpathia in the XX century

Spiritual life in Transcarpathia has undergone significant changes over the past hundred years. At...

Top Destinations

Africa

Discover the home of the Elephant

Asia

Reconnect with your soul

Europe

Best cities and beaches combined

Oceania

Thousands of islands await

Потрібно прочитати

Uzhgorod Church Union

The situation of the Orthodox clergy in Transcarpathia in the XVI-XVII centuries deteriorated significantly. He was oppressed by both Catholics and Protestants. In the confrontation between Catholics and Protestants, the Orthodox clergy decided to compromise with Rome. So on April 24, 1646, in Uzhgorod castle, 63 Orthodox priests led by Vasyl Tarasovich in the presence of the Catholic Bishop of Yeger, Gyorgy Yakushich, accepted the Union, that is, they agreed to join their Church to the Catholic one and recognized the supremacy of the Pope. However, a number of exceptions were made, in particular, the rite of the Greek Church was preserved. The agreement was implemented very slowly. Only in 1651, Rome approved the first Greek Catholic Bishop of Mukachevo, Peter parthenius. Only in 1771 was the Greek Catholic diocese of Mukachevo itself canonized.

Jews in Transcarpathia

Jewish settlement of Transcarpathia began in the XV century, but most of the Jews moved to our region in the XVIII century. They moved here from Galicia, where overpopulation, political unrest and constant persecution made their life unbearable. Transcarpathia at that time was very depopulated due to the war of 1703-1711 and could accept a large number of immigrants. As early as 1787, 6,311 Jews inhabited the komitata of Ung, Bereg, Ugocha, and Maramorosh. In the first half of the XIX century, immigration from Galicia took place on an even larger scale. Further growth of migration processes and a high birth rate led to a significant increase in the Jewish population. In 1910, the Jewish communities of the above-mentioned four comitates numbered 128,791 people.

Lazeschina ski resort

Lazeschina, like many other villages in Transcarpathia, is readily used by skiers and boarders. Housing prices in Lazeschina are affordable, and the distance to the famous ski bases in Dragobrat and Bukovel is insignificant. Dragobrat is only 18 km away, and Bukovel is 20 km away.

Популярні історії

Village resort Pigeon

It was near Golubin in 1878 that the counts of Schoenborn began to extract water from the springs "Margit", "Luga-erzhebet"and" Pannonia-jofia". In those days, this water was used to treat diseases of the upper respiratory tract, intestines, kidneys and gall bladder, as well as diabetes.

Church of St. Nicholas in the village of Chernogolovka

For the first time the name of the village Chernogolova Of the bereznyansky district...

Mini-sculpture of Nikolai Shugai

Sculpture of the last of the Transcarpathians opryshkov (member of the peasant insurrectionary movement)...

The legend of the waterfall Shypit

In the middle of the emerald Carpathians, near the village of Pylypets near the foot of mount Gimba, stretches the magical waterfall Shipot, which is one of the seven wonders of Ukrainian nature

Uzhotsky pass

There are enough roads in Transcarpathia. All of them pass through the Carpathian mountains...

Travel to the village of Mezhgorye

Mezhgorye from 1415 to 1953 was called Volovoe. There are 9421 inhabitants in Mezhgorye. The village is located in the river valley. Here are the highway Khust-Dolyna and the Volovets-Mizhhiria. The nearest railway station is Volovets, 32 km away. Today Mezhgorye is one of the tourist centers of the region. There are Hiking trails, equipped ski trails, resorts, hotels and camp sites.

Популярні категорії

Будьмо на зв’язку

Підпишіться на мої новини!

Зробіть цей вибір, і відтепер ви назавжди будете частиною кожної окремо взятої пригоди!

Цікаве

Assistant of Saint Nicholas – the first Uzhgorod mini-sculpture

The assistant of Saint Nicholas is the first mini-sculpture Uzhgorod's. Its author is Mikhail...

Rakhovsky district

The district has a population of 90,000. The majority of the district's population is...

The village of Imstychovo exorcists

Far from Palace DugaevtrackSvaliava-Khust turns to the East, in the direction of the...

Останні історії

The village-resort of solochin

The village of solochin in svalyavsky district was first mentioned in 1430. The village has a population of 1250 inhabitants. It stretches between the mountains of Kraha and Tetanic. The name of the village alludes to the saline soil rich in mineral waters. There are more than a dozen springs near the village. For example, at the foot of mount Tesanik there is a hydrogen sulfide spring, and in The belasovitsa tract there is a source of "Volkov kvas", named after the name of the owner of this source in the Austro-Hungarian period, when local water was traded throughout the Empire.

Saint Istvan and the founding of the state by...

Arpad's great-grandson, Prince Geiza, converted to Christianity and raised his son Istvan in the Christian spirit, for which he invited German missionaries. The wife of the young Istvan was the sister of the Bavarian king gisella (and herself, whose statue adorns the building of the music school in Uzhgorod). Istvan I the Saint continued the work of Arpad, consolidating the Hungarians into a Christian power.

The history of the Khust castle

At first, there was a wooden fortification on the site of the Khust castle. Later, on the orders of the Hungarian kings, the fortress was rebuilt and made of stone. This reconstruction took a century from 1090 to 1191. Today, the remains of the fortress are barely visible through the trees. In the middle ages, Khust castle was known as an impregnable fortress.

Church of the Introduction of the Holy mother of...

The first written mention of Torun is found in documents of the first half of the XVII century. Torunska Church of the Introduction of the blessed virgin, built from spruce in 1809, is so similar to prislipska Church, of course, without repeating it, that the idea of joint authors of both temples suggests itself.

Mini-sculpture ” Hanukkah»

Hanukkah is a Jewish festival of lights, a celebration of candles that are lit by Jews all over the world in honor of the miracle that occurred during the consecration of the temple after the victory of the Maccabean army over the army of king Antiochus in 164 BC.according to legend, entering the destroyed, desecrated temple in Jerusalem, the Jews found a small jar of oil, which was enough to maintain the fire for only one day. However, miraculously, the fire in the Golden temple menorah burned for eight days. Exactly as much as was required for the preparation of new, purified and consecrated oil. Since then, the fluttering light of candles, wonderful aromas, and faith in miracles bring a holiday to every Jewish home and remind of the courage and heroism of the ancestors of the Jewish people.

Some of the features of Transcarpathian cuisine

Transcarpathia is a multi-ethnic region, so its culinary traditions are striking in their diversity: every nation that lived on this generous land left several popular recipes to their descendants. However, the influence of Hungarian cuisine was and still is the strongest. In winter, the bean goulash, a traditional Hungarian hot bean soup, can warm you up a lot.

[/tdc_zone]

close

Додати об'єкт до каталогу

Надсилайте актуальну інформацію та отримуйте більше цільових клієнтів. Ми розмістимо ваш об’єкт у нашому каталозі та покажемо поруч із локаціями, а також у загальному каталозі, це безкоштовно!