St. Basil’s Church in the village of zadil’s’ke


Present St. Basil’s Church St. Basil’s Church Volovets district Transcarpathian region was built, most likely, by craftsmen who built a Church in a neighboring village Barren.

This is the second Church building in the village. The first was the Church of St. Nicholas, which was built by priest Theodore Sadlinki. This temple it was first mentioned in documents in 1733, and last mentioned in 1870. To this day, the Church has not been preserved, because at the end of the XIX century it burned down, taking up from a candle.

Modern Church of St. Basil the Great is similar to others wooden church the upper reaches of Latorica, but its essential difference is the presence of two log cabins, not three. This is the youngest temple of this style. The Creator of the Church of St. Basil in Tagilskom was known to the master Ilya German. Thanks to his talent and work at the very beginning of the twentieth century, the Church of St. Basil was built.

The Church of St. Basil is rectangular in plan, with a narrower a six-sided altar. The log cabins of the Church are covered with a high gable roof. Above Babinets a rectangular tower rises in the plan, which ends with a spherical top and a dome on a blind streetlamp. The Church girds pddaa, which is based on the editions of log houses. On the Western facade of piddashya passes into a high porch. The nave and pews covered with a torispherical arch. They are conditionally separated by a small vertical carved bar, which ends just below the window level.

Next to the Church, a little to the side, stands on a high Foundation a beautiful two-tiered bell tower, square in plan, with creases. On the first tier pdasia based on the issues log. Under the roof, in the upper tier, contain rectangular Windows.

According to legend, in 1884-1885, three bells were installed in the bell tower, which indicates that it was built before the temple itself. In First world war a rumor spread in the village that the bells were being requisitioned. Local farmers have safely hidden the bells. However, only two bells were found after the war. It was only in 1923 that a third bell was installed in the belfry, which was a gift from her husband from the Lower Gate, who returned from working in Americans.

Unfortunately, the roof and the fear of both the temple and the bell tower are covered tin in the mid-1920s. The log houses of the Church are covered with authentic shingles and painted.

The Shrine is constructed of spruce beams it is located on a steep slope above the village near the new cemetery. Around the temple opens incredible mountain panorama.

Наскільки корисною була ця стаття?

Натисніть на зірку, щоб оцінити статтю!

Середній рейтинг 0 / 5. Підрахунок голосів: 0

Поки немає голосів! Будьте першим, хто оцінить цю статтю.

Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!

Давайте покращимо цю статтю!

Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?

{{ reviewsOverall }} / 5 Користувачів (0 голосів)
Що люди говорять ... Залиште свій відгук
Order by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar User Avatar
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Залиште свій відгук

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one