The village of Tishev was first mentioned in historical documents in 1648. It was a very small village that had no own churches until the late nineteenth century, whose inhabitants went to pray in the neighbouring village of Lower Vereck (Lower Gate), the current Church of the ascension at the end of the XIX century, built on the site of an ancient, about which there is no evidence, however, it is believed that this Church was and still is the only Thishow.
The Church is located on the mountain slope on the right Bank of the stream that flows into the Latoritsa river. The master chose a very good place not only for construction, but also for inspection. Comparing the Church Ascension in Tishev with temples in Barren andZadil’s’ke, the conclusion is that all of them were built by one master or one team of builders, and the oldest Church of this style could serve as a model. Fast. ascention church in the village of Tisheva is trehsrubnaya, log Navi broader rectangular frame of the Pews and hexagonal chancel. Wooden spruce log cabins 16-18 cm thick are placed on stone slabs. Around the perimeter of the building encircles the visor, which stands on the release of log cabins. The Church is covered with one common tin roof. The Windows of the Church are relatively large with an arched finish. On the Eastern wall of the altar part and on the Western wall of the babynets there is one round window each. The porch, though completed later, does not spoil the overall appearance of the building. A low square tower rises above Babinets. The tower is crowned by a spherical dome, and the ridge of the roof above the altar ends with a blind lantern with a dome.
What distinguishes this Church from the neighboring ones is the presence of two lanterns with glavkami over the Eastern corners of Navi. Navi also rises above the Eastern part of the roof a small square tower that ends with a dome with a cross.
To the left of the Church building, in the Western part of the churchyard, are wooden two-tiered square bell tower with two halls. Above the second tier are the voice boxes. They are formed by eight columns, which are supported by a hipped roof with a head, which is completed by a high cross. The bell tower has three bells, the largest of which was made in 1924 in Chomutov (Czech Republic) by Richard Gerold.
In the interior of the Church, the nave and Babinets are separated by a high arch. The iconostasis has been preserved since the construction of the Church, but the icons on pine boards, unfortunately, already redrawn.
Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!
Давайте покращимо цю статтю!
Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?