The first thing you should pay attention to when traveling to Transcarpathia onBeregovsky district –names of localities. Since the publication of most books on local lore, namely bagatotomnikiv “History of cities and villages of the Ukrainian SSR” and “Monuments of architecture and urban planning of the Ukrainian SSR”, many localities in Transcarpathia “changed their surname to their maiden name”… Now they have regained the names that existed in Soviet times.
Take for example the village of Kidesh (three kilometers North-East of the district center, 895 inhabitants), on Soviet maps it was reflected as Zmievka. In the village of Kidesh is located church St. John the Baptist, which was built in the XIV century on the basis of a chapel of the XIII century. in medieval times templeserved not only for prayer, but also had a defensive value: it was surrounded by a fence and protected by a moat. In 1889, the building was restored. An important element in the architecture of the Church is the small side walls Romanesque windows. In the main Navi partially preserved frescoes of the walls of the XIV century: “Saint Catherine”, “Prayer for the Cup”, “the Appearance of Christ to Mary”, opened in 1911. The researchers note the subtle pattern and wonderful palette of the murals. Wooden belfry near the temple was built in the XVIII century. And in the legends that the locals pass down from generation to generation, it is said that it was here monastery king Solomon. Only not the biblical hero, but the son of king Endre and the daughter of Yaroslav the Wise Anastasias. Here, in the Hermitage, Solomon supplicated for sins-blood spilled in internecine battles.
Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!
Давайте покращимо цю статтю!
Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?