The Khust-Berehove national highway is 100 metres from the house. At a distance of 1 km there is a multidisciplinary sanatorium “Teplytsia” with thermal waters. The wine house offers wine tasting. The grapes used to make the drinks are grown in the vineyards of the southern part of the Shalankivska mountain in Vynogradiv district. Geographically, the area is located at the level of the Tokaj Mountain in Hungary.
A collection vineyard with more than 250 varieties of table and technical grapes from all over the world has been planted and is bearing fruit on the land plot of the House of Wine. Wines are produced in the cellar located in the House of Wine. The temperature is maintained at 14-16 °C all year round. In the cellar, you can learn about the technology of wine maturation and storage. On the ground floor, there is a tasting room where a fireplace burns during the tasting and the history of viticulture and winemaking comes to life under the cheerful eye of the god of winemaking, Bacchus. The hall is adjoined by a covered terrace covered with many varieties of grapes, where you can hold a glass of wine, taste fresh grapes and think about the Eternal in the cool shade of the grape bush. When the acacia and linden trees are in bloom, the air is thick and fragrant, and birds sing and pheasants stroll and call. Before sunset, the call of a male roe deer can be heard from the nearby woods. Beekeeping products from the apiaries located on Chorna Hora are offered in full. Guests have free access to the garden and vineyard. From July to December, table grapes are constantly ripening on the vines, including the medicinal Agate Donskoy.
All rooms are equipped with a TV, and some have a seating area. Some rooms offer mountain or garden views. All rooms have a private bathroom with a shower.
Polychko Winehouse offers the following room categories for booking:
- The Junior Suite and Suite with a magnificent view feature satellite TV.
- Standard Suite – Suite with a seating area and a sofa.
The city of Mukachevo is 40 km from the Wine House Polychka Guest House, while Satu Mare is 42 km away. Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is needed).
Presentation card of the wine house:
- An ordinary dry Cabernet Sauvignon wine. The vineyard of this variety is more than 50 years old, the bushes have a large supply of hard wood, so the wine has a high content of tannins, antioxidants, trace elements and sugar. The wine is produced using red infusion technology, has a delicate pastel aroma, tart and good aging properties.
- “Leanka Korolivska (Fetyaska)” is a dry white wine with a light nutmeg and fruity aroma. In wine therapy, it is used for nervous stress, diabetes mellitus, and intestinal diseases.
- “Aromatic traminer”. It is used to make wine with aromas of rose, nutmeg, exotic fruits with a low level of acidity. After the grape juice of this variety is fermented dry, we get the vintage wine “Radiant”. When fresh grape juice is alcoholic with food alcohol, we get the vintage dessert wine “Rose of Transcarpathia”.
- Riesling Rhine. This variety is used to produce white dry wine with a delicate, elegant aroma and lemon flavour. Chardonnay grapes are used to produce white dry wine with a strong aroma of fresh plum oil, hazelnuts, and toasted bread. Matured in oak barrels, it is well stored and aged.
- Merlo grapes are used to produce a red wine with a fruity taste and aroma, dominated by notes of black currant and plums.
- The Lidiya variety is used to produce dry and semi-sweet rosé wine with a bright aroma of fresh strawberries.