Додати об'єкт до каталогу

Надсилайте актуальну інформацію та отримуйте більше цільових клієнтів. Ми розмістимо ваш об’єкт у нашому каталозі та покажемо поруч із локаціями, а також у загальному каталозі, це безкоштовно!


The Carpathian Mountains delight travellers with their unique beauty at any time of the year. A particularly beautiful place is the village of Volovets, which is located at an altitude of 500 metres amidst picturesque landscapes created by the Plai and Temnatyk mountains and the valley of the Vycha River, a tributary of the Latorytsia. Here people enjoy the fresh air, explore the majestic mountains and admire the rare beauty of nature. Volovets and the surrounding area can offer a wide range of entertainment: hiking and skiing in the mountains, excursions, quad biking, bathing in vats, picking mushrooms, blueberries, lingonberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc. Volovets and the surrounding area have a lot to offer tourists. It is one of the most beautiful Carpathian regions.


History of Volovets village

According to archaeological findings, the territory of modern Volovets has been inhabited since the Bronze Age. In 1930, a treasure trove of 30 bronze and 9 gold items and a clay scoop dating back to the 13th century BC was found in the Pid Kilytsev tract.

Modern Volovets has its roots in an ancient Slavic settlement in the Carpathians. For the first time in written sources, Volovets (then called Ewkermezew – ox field) is mentioned in a charter of the Leleśske Chapter dated 2 February 1430, when it, along with the surrounding lands, belonged to the feudal lords of Perenia.

There is a legend about the foundation of Volovets. According to it, in ancient times, peasants from the surrounding settlements drove herds of oxen to the valley of the Vycha River. It is thanks to these large domestic animals that the settlement, which arose on the site of a watering hole, was named Volovets. In the first stage of its history, from the 15th to the 19th century, most of Volovets residents were engaged in animal husbandry.

For almost six centuries, the name of the settlement has changed and been recorded in different ways:

  • 1430 year – Ewkermezew;
  • 1465 – Wkermezew;
  • 1543 – Ewkvr mezeo;
  • 1546 – Ekermezew;
  • 1548 – Evukevr mezeow;
  • 1554 – Eokor mező;
  • 1564 – Evukewr mewzew;
  • 1570 – Ökörmező;
  • 1630 – Eőkőr mezeö;
  • 1645 – Wolowecz;
  • 1773 – Volocz;
  • 1808 – Volócz, Wolowec, Volüczi;
  • 1873 – Volovec;
  • since 1948 – Volovets.

The village passed from one owner to another, and in the early seventeenth century it was included in the Mukachevo dominion. In 1626, the castellan of the Mukachevo castle, Janos Balling, instructed the keniz (a person who settled a village on behalf of the landowner) Semen Oleksa to settle new residents near Volovets. The settlement was called Modorfolvo (Hungarian village). Its inhabitants were indeed Hungarians (Borbiy, Kish, Modior, Makar, Bigor, Beregi). They later became Ukrainianised, and locals can easily guess the names of the current residents of Volovets. The name of the settlement was changed to Magyar, and later it became part of Volovets, which still retains the name Magyarovytsia.

In 1645, under Prince György II Rákóczi, Volovets became part of the Principality of Transylvania. In those distant times, only a few dozen families lived here. Throughout its history, Volovets has repeatedly become the epicentre of battles during wars and uprisings. Thus, in 1657 Volovets was destroyed by Polish troops led by Prince Lubomirski. In 1703-1711, it was at the centre of the national liberation uprising of the Kuruts. After it was suppressed, in 1728 Volovets, as part of the Nyzhniverechska economy of the Mukachevo-Chynadiyevo dominion, came under the control of Count Karl Schönborn. The local peasants worked hard on the serfdom and often rebelled against the oppression of the landlords. In 1761-1762, as many as 33 residents of Volovets were imprisoned for participating in the uprising. In the summer of 1831, Volovets residents took an active part in the peasant uprising that covered a large part of Transcarpathia. Only after the revolution of 1848-1849 was the feudal dependence of the peasants on the landlords eliminated.

In the mid-nineteenth century, the village began its tourist history. The first tourists in Volovets were representatives of the highest elite of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. In 1862, Volovets hospitably received even Emperor Franz Joseph himself, accompanied by the Dukes of Schwarzenberg and Esterházy.

It is often written that in the 1850s the best ski jump in Austria-Hungary was built in Volovets. But we know from the history of skiing: “At the World Exhibition held in Vienna in the summer of 1873, attention was drawn to the snowshoes presented in the Norwegian pavilion. Before that, skis were not known in our latitudes…”. In 1887, the first ski club in Central Europe was opened in Prague. In February 1891, a ski club was founded in Vienna. The world’s first ski jump with an artificial superstructure was built in 1911 in the Czech town of Cvichin. Two years later, such a ski jump appeared in Holmenkollen (Norway) – it was a 9.5-metre-high wooden scaffolding. In the Kingdom of Hungary (which included Transcarpathia until 1918), a real ski jump was installed only in 1919, and it was not in Volovets.

The real history of the Volovets ski jump is no less interesting than the fictional one. It was first mentioned in the annual report of the head of the ski section of the Mukachevo Tourist Club, published in January 1930 in the Zimní Sport magazine (a publication of the Czechoslovakian Ski Union, which included Transcarpathia in the interwar period): “In the summer months of 1929, the club’s leadership was preparing the construction of a ski jump in Volovets. They found a place, developed plans, and created a fund…”. A similar report from the following year, 1930, states: “The functionaries of the club have diligently prepared the construction of a zhupny (regional) ski jump, which is being carried out near Volovets with the help of the technical company of the 19th Infantry Regiment and will be completed this year (1931). The ski jump is being built according to a design by architect Jarolimko. It is expected that it will be possible to jump from it at a distance of up to 50 m.” Unfortunately, today only the foundation of the unique Volovets springboard has survived – concrete bollards behind the spruce trees in the Kilytsia tract.

In 1931, the Czechoslovak Tourist Association also built two tourist complexes in Volovets. The village grew, and in 1938 it was home to 2,350 inhabitants.
Since the nineteenth century, Volovets has gradually transformed from an agrarian village into an industrial centre. In the 1830s, a semi-artisanal enterprise producing tiles and bricks started operating in Volovets. In 1851, the village was home to 672 residents. Since 1872, the socio-economic development of Volovets has been significantly accelerated by the construction of the Mukachevo-Lavochne railway, which took 11 years. In 1887, the railway reached Stryi, connecting Zakarpattia with Galicia. This prompted a population growth, and in 1900, the town was already home to 1284 residents.

The development of Volovets continued throughout the turbulent twentieth century with its two world wars. In the First World War, during the Brusyliv Offensive, it changed hands several times between the warring armies. Its surroundings still bear traces of numerous trenches, trenches, and dugouts.

In 1911, Volovets was visited by the famous American anthropologist George Dorsey, who wondered why people needed to go to America to work, given such favourable living conditions. One by one, industrial enterprises began to appear: a sawmill (early twentieth century), a three-storey steam sawmill for the production of building materials by entrepreneur Grimberg (1906).

In March 1939, the Kingdom of Hungary, under the leadership of Regent Gorty, occupied the independent Carpathian Ukraine, which included Volovets. A barracks of the border police guard was built here. In the spring of 1944, all Jewish families were deported from the village and taken to German concentration camps. In the summer of 1944, during the haymaking season, the village was shaken by a major railway accident. The entire village of Magyarowytsia and part of Slatyn burned down as a result of the collision of two military trains.

On 9 October 1944, Volovets was occupied by Soviet troops, and another era of its long history began. In 1957, Volovets was granted the status of an urban-type settlement and a district centre. During the Soviet period, Volovets built administrative buildings, a communication centre, a cultural centre, a tourist centre “Play”, a shopping centre, a hospital, a polyclinic, a kindergarten, a new school, 5-storey residential buildings, and a gas pumping station of the Urengoy-Pomary-Uzhhorod gas pipeline was built on the outskirts of the town. The village had a timber processing plant, a food factory, and a branch of the Lviv television plant “Electron”.

The population of Volovets grew from 600 people in 1870 to over 1200 people in 1900 and to 7104 people in 2015. In addition, Volovets gradually became the educational centre of the region. Thus, in 1882 a public primary school was opened here, in 1945 a secondary school appeared, and in the 1980s there were already 3 schools, a vocational school, and a music school (later – an art school).

Since 1991, Volovets has been a part of independent Ukraine. Nowadays, it is one of the most popular tourist centres in the mountainous Transcarpathia – the “Gate of Borzhava Polonyny”. Due to its favourable geographical location, railway tracks and station, most routes across the Borzhava Polonyny and the Verkhovyna watershed ridge start or end in Volovets.

These days, Volovets, unfortunately, has attracted considerable attention from the Internet community as the only settlement in Transcarpathia that was hit by a missile attack from the Russian Federation on the evening of 3 May 2022 during the Russian-Ukrainian war.

Since 2020, Volovets has been the administrative centre of the Volovets Territorial Community, which includes the town of Volovets, the villages of Huklyvyi, Skotarske, and Kanora.

Huklyvyi village

The village of Huklyvyi (1558 – Huklivát; 1773 – Huklivy; 1808 – Huklivá; 1877 – Huklivoje) was founded in 1558 by the attorney of the Grand Duke of Transylvania, Zsigmond Rakoczy. In the village church, the priest Mahil Grigashi, the son of the kmeta (free peasant with the right to move) Matheas Griga from Lazorpotok (incola Lazorpatakensis), continued his predecessors records on the free pages of the metric of the dead in 1780 and kept them until 1821. In general, the records from 1660 to 1830 (the last one was made by another hand), i.e. for 170 years, are known to historical science under the name “Chronicle of Huklyvskа”. The wall of the narthex of the wooden church still bears a skilful image of a cross commemorating the death of the priest’s daughter, made by the German artist Franz Peer, who painted the church in 1784. Near the church, on the grave of the same priest’s wife, there is a stone cross from 1807 with a corresponding inscription. The priest himself died in 1823 at the age of 65. In 1889, three neighbouring settlements – Huklivoje, Talamás, Veretecső (Huklivoje, Talamás, Veretecső) – were united into one village called Zúgo, which means “Thresholds” in Hungarian. Changes in the name of the united village over time:

  • 1927 – Huklivy;
  • 1939 – Hukliva;
  • 1948 – Huklyvyi.

Skotarske village

In 1607, Ferenc Magokhi founded the village of Skotárske (1607 – Szkotárszkát, 1630 – Skatarsky; 1645 – Skotarszki; 1773 – Skotarszka; 1808 – Skotárska). The name comes from the Slavic cattleman, shepherd. In 1629, Janos Balling founded the village of Svaliovka (1629 – Szvalyovská; 1645 – Swalouszki, Kis Ztvalyoka; 1773 – Szváloka, Swaloka; 1808 – Szvalovka, Szvalyánka, Swaljawka; 1851 – Szvalyóka; 1869 – Szwaljawka; 1873 – Szvalyavka; 1877 – Szvalyovka; 1888 – Kis-Szolyva). In 1889, the two villages were merged into one called Kisszolyva, now Skotarske. It is possible that in 1876 the priest of Skotarske was Ivan Voloshyn, the father of the first President of Carpatho-Ukraine Augustyn Voloshyn. In 1895, Ivan Franko visited the Transcarpathian writer Yevhen Fentsyk, who lived for some time in Skotarske, where his daughter taught, on his way back from Budapest to Lviv. In 1910, the village had 1085 inhabitants, 120 of whom were Germans.

Kanora village

In 1611, Ferenc Magogy founded the village of Kanora (1611 – Kanura; 1808 – Kánora; 1948 – Kanora). It can be assumed that the name of the settlement comes from the Hungarian Kanyara, which means bend, or turn. In 1833, a treasure trove of 15 bronze objects and 32 gold beads and bracelets was found in the vicinity of the village, dating back to the Late Bronze Age (3rd-2nd millennia BC) and indicating a very early human presence. When the church in the village burned down in 1888, the Emperor of Austria-Hungary donated 150 guilders to build a new one. Since 1974, the eighteenth-century wooden village church has been the centrepiece of the National Museum of Folk Architecture and Life of Ukraine in Pyrohiv, near Kyiv. It is worth mentioning that in Canada (Saskatchewan) there is a town of 2.2 thousand inhabitants called Canora, where at the entrance everyone is greeted by a monument to Lesia with an embroidered towel in her hands and the inscription “Welcome to Kanora”. The town was founded in 1905 by immigrants from Western Ukraine (150 families). Who knows if our fellow countrymen from the village of Canora were among them?

The temperature in Volovets now:

10.6o C   |   51.1o F

Volovets on the map

Attractions in Volovets

There are not many architectural monuments in Volovets. The local wooden shrine, the 18th-century Intercession Church, was moved to Pirohovo, where it became part of the Museum of Folk Architecture.

Храм Вознесіння Господнього 1893 року

The Church of the Ascension in 1893

The current stone church in Volovets was built on the site of a wooden Boyko church that was moved here from the old cemetery. The walls of the new church were built around the old one, and the wooden structures were later taken out through the doors. The Church of the Ascension was dedicated on 28 November 1893. It was overhauled in 1934, and the iconostasis was equipped at the same time. The bells were moved from a wooden Orthodox church damaged in 1943, which was dismantled by local residents from Magyarivka whose houses were damaged in a railway accident and used for housing. Until 1946, the church belonged to the Greek Catholic community, and after the liquidation of the Greek Catholic Church by the Soviets, it was transferred to the Orthodox. An old stone cross from 1904 stands near the church. The Soviet Communists threw it into the Vycha River, but the parishioners pulled it out at night, transported it on a cart and installed it near the church.

Народний історико-краєзнавчий музей у Воловці

Folk History and Local Lore Museum

The museum is located at: Volovets village, 2 Fabrychna Street.

Working hours: The museum is open on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Ticket price: ticket prices are not high, and tours are free of charge.

Contact phone number: +38 (03136) 2-28-70.

It is worth starting your acquaintance with any settlement with a museum. In Volovets, the only operating museum was opened on 28 November 1998 at the central library. It was created thanks to the efforts of the library staff and philanthropists who donated their own collections of antiquities to the museum.

It was granted the status of a “national” museum in November 2002. The museum offers 195 household items, 13 ancient icons, 18 rare books from 1904-1944, and a number of handwritten chronicles (histories of settlements, institutions, organisations, and biographies of prominent personalities of the Volovets region), 35 handwritten chronicles (histories of settlements, institutions, organisations, biographies of prominent personalities of Volovets region), a large number of photographs and documents, as well as an improvised Verkhovyna hut where you can see everything from a miniature wooden spoon to a real loom (krosen); from a chequered katran to a whole set of folk costumes.

There is also an opportunity to see thematic exhibitions dedicated to the Second World War, the Afghanistan War, and the Chernobyl disaster called “The Wall of Sorrow”. There are collections of photographic documents on the history of cultural monuments of Volovets district and the development of the region in the XVIII-XIX centuries in the exhibition “Memory of the native land”.

Volovets ski resort

Nowadays, many tourists are attracted to Volovets at any time of the year by the comfortable accommodation and catering facilities:

  • hotel complexes;
  • hotels;
  • motels;
  • private manor;
  • coffee shops.

In winter, the area is mostly inhabited by skiers and snowboarders who commute to the ski slopes in Podobovets, Pylypets, Izky, which are within a radius of 10-20 km from Volovets. The ski season usually starts in December and lasts until April.

The ski slopes of any difficulty are equipped with various types of lifts. They will satisfy the tastes of both beginners and experienced skiers. The beauty of the surrounding nature will only emphasise the overall joy of extraordinary adventures.

What else to do in Volovets?

From Volovets, you can go on an exciting one-day or multi-day hike in the mountains, experience various extreme adventures or visit the most interesting excursions in Transcarpathia. And to satisfy your hunger and thirst, you should definitely try local food and drinks in bars, cafes, kolyba or restaurants.

Чани, лазні, сауни у Воловці

Vats, baths, saunas

Water treatments are a real pleasure for tourists after a day full of sports activities. Vats are especially popular. Sea salt or medicinal Carpathian herbs are added to the water in large containers for several people, under which a fire is burning, which helps to normalise heat exchange processes. In winter, this is important for strengthening the immune system. And steam hardening in a bath or sauna is a catalyst for metabolism, increasing overall tone and blood circulation.

Піші екскурсії та походи в гори Воловець

Hiking excursions and hiking in the mountains

Hiking is the most affordable form of active recreation in Transcarpathia and Volovets. And although hiking in the mountains does not require significant expenses, you should still have minimal tourist equipment. But if you are a beginner, you should start with simple routes and simple, inexpensive things in your backpack. Remember that the main thing is hiking, not the amount of hiking equipment that is stored on the shelves. Being in good physical shape will never hurt you. And when you are going to the mountains, be sure to prepare your body for the stress: go to the gym, do regular jogging, swim, play football.

In terms of special skills, you will need to know how to use a map and compass or GPS, and the rest will come with experience. The mountains do not forgive frivolity – you cannot exaggerate your own strength and underestimate the difficulties that may come your way.

The development of tourist infrastructure in Transcarpathia is noticeable, although it is slow. Nevertheless, Czech and local volunteers have already marked hundreds of kilometres of trails. The pristine beauty of the mountains attracts true nature lovers. And the little-travelled routes and hard-to-reach trails will give you a sense of real adventure.

The Ukrainian Carpathians are medium-altitude mountains. Most of the peaks are below 2000 metres above sea level, and only on the Montenegrin ridge do 6 (six) of them exceed this mark. However, their height does not reach the conventional snow line and, accordingly, they have no glaciers. Typically, hiking in the Carpathians is carried out from late April to mid-October. However, it should be remembered that in April and May there may still be snow on the tops of the ridges, and in October, frosts begin to form.

Thanks to its good geographical location, it is convenient to go hiking from Volovets to the Borzhava mountain range – its peaks and waterfall:

  • Temnatyk (1343 m) with the foothills of Voskresensky Verkh (1219 m);
  • Plai (1323 m) with a cross and a memorial sign to Vyacheslav Chornovil, where he worked at the snow and avalanche station;
  • Velykyi Verkh (1598 m);
  • Stiy (1681 m) with the remains of a strategic tracking station;
  • Gemba (1491 m high);
  • to Shypit waterfall.

All the routes are marked, so it is difficult to get lost here, if you follow all the safety measures. The route to the top of Bozovo (1095 m), where the Hungarian observation post of the Arpad Line was equipped during the Second World War and trenches still remain, and to the passes of the Verkhovyna watershed ridge – Torun, Novoselytskyi, Beskyd, Veretskyi, Latirskyi and the iconic peak Pikuy (1408 m).

Excursions to interesting locations in Transcarpathia

The surroundings of Volovets are extremely rich in unique nature and its riches, which are protected by the state. This is not surprising, as forests are the main wealth of the region, although they are now being cut down. Not far from Volovets, on the slopes of Borzhava, there are nationally important nature reserves such as the Osa Stream with spotted salamanders and mountain newts, Rosishny with beech and fir forests, and the Temnatyk forest reserve of local importance. Above the village of Zhdeniyevo, on the slopes of the Verkhovyna watershed, near the Pikuy peak, there is the Pikuy floral reserve with rare berry yews. Above the village of Pidpolozzia, there is a nationally significant natural monument, Mount High Stone, with the highest habitat of rock oak and black pine in the Carpathians.

Seven mineral water springs have been discovered in the former Volovets district. The most famous of them is located in the Zanka tract, where baths for the nobility from Vienna used to be. Since then, the railway station building has remained, and the station itself still functions as a passenger stopping point.

The village is rightly considered to be a rare region in terms of beauty, which is so rich in Transcarpathia. It is not surprising that a large number of attractions can be found here. The view of the three peaks of the Polonyna Borzhava ridge from the Minchyl pass (618 m) at the entrance to Volovets is worth a look.

These include:

The most interesting locations

Церква святого Миколая в селі Верхній Студений
The wooden church made of spruce beams, which has been preserved in Verkhniy Studenyi, is the most developed type of
Церква Благовіщення Пресвятої Богородиці в селі Нижній Студений
According to the Bible, in the spring of 7 April, the archangel Gabriel brought the good news that the Virgin
Церква Святого Архангела Михайла в селі Буковець
The church complex was built in 1808, as evidenced by the inscription carved on the door frame. The church is
Гора Темнатик (Томнатик)
Temnatyk (Tomnatyk) is a peak in the Ukrainian Carpathians with a height of 1343 m, located within the Transcarpathian region.
Гора Плай
Mount Plai, or Borzhava as it is also known, is located in the Ukrainian Carpathians and belongs to the Borzhava
Церква Введення Пресвятої Богородиці в селі Абранка
The village of Abranka, Mukachevo District, Zakarpattia Region, was founded in 1611. In 1692, historical sources mention a church in
Церква Вознесіння Господнього в селі Ялове
It is hard to imagine that a traditional Transcarpathian village did not have a church until the end of the
Церква святого Василя в селі Задільське
The current church of St. Basil in the village of Zadilske, Mukachevo district, Zakarpattia region, was most likely built by
Церква Вознесіння Господнього в селі Тишів
For the first time, the village of Tyshiv of the Mukachevo district of the Transcarpathian region was mentioned in historical
Храм святого Духа (Котельниця)
There is an interesting wooden church - the Church of the Holy Spirit - in the village of Kotelnytsia, Mukachevo
Храм святого Миколая Чудотворця (Біласовиця)
The church in the village of Bilasovytsia was most likely built by the same craftsmen as the church in the
Палац графів Шенборнів (замок Берегвар)
In 1840, the owners of the Mukachevo-Chinadiyovo dominion, the Counts Schönborn, built a wooden house in the Berehvar tract as
One of the most interesting and attractive places for tourists in Transcarpathia is the magical high-mountainous Lake Synevyr. It is
Собор Святого Духа
The Church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit was built in the 18th century with elements of the Baroque
Водоспад Шипот
A visit to the uniquely beautiful Shypit waterfall will be no less impressive. It originates from a deep underground spring,

Tours and excursions

Where to stay in Volovets?

Those who arrive in Volovets will find winter holidays very comfortable. There is a lot of housing for tourists here. It is mainly represented by private houses and cottages. There are also hotels and mini-hotels.

Volovets offers a huge variety of accommodation. That’s why prices here are slightly lower than in neighbouring resorts.

For example, the 4-storey building of the Greenwich tourist complex is located right on the territory of the ski resort in the heart of the village. The hotel offers comfortable junior suites and 2 meals a day.

The 3-storey Edem Hotel accommodates travellers with all possible amenities. There are gazebos, a barbecue and a sauna on its territory.

In addition, the village is easy to find private housing options.

The cost of housing is quite reasonable. For example, Greenwich offers its services from 800 UAH for one bed in a double room, and Edem – from 556 UAH for a standard room for two guests.

In the private house “Zatyshok u Yolana” you can find a budget option from 200 UAH.

Hotels in Volovets

Мотель «Едем» у Воловці
St. Karpatska, 192A, Volovets
+380 ....

from 612₴/night
Туристичний комплекс «Грінвіч»
St. Shevchenko, 1A, Volovets
+380 ....

from 600₴/night

Private sector proposals

Садиба «Затишок у Йолани»
St. Gagarina, 2, Volovets
+380 ....

from 200₴/night

Where to eat?

Volovets will fully provide holidaymakers with food. All establishments meet a high level of service, it is always easy to find a free seat, and the service is fast and caring. The menu is based on Transcarpathian and Ukrainian cuisine and is very diverse.

Here tourists will be served:

  1. Borscht.
  2. Broth.
  3. Goulash.
  4. Solyanka.
  5. Stewed stew.
  6. Shashlyk.
  7. Beer, etc.

Travellers will find a cosy atmosphere and beautiful view from the window.

Cafe Fortuna will offer dumplings, delicious soups, delicious dumplings and local drinks.

Lunch here will cost about 270 UAH. Reviews of the food here are very positive.

Кафе «Fortuna»
Volovets, Transcarpathian region.
+380 ....

How to get to Volovets?

Volovets is a Transcarpathian tourist centre located in the Boikivskyi district, in the highlands of the Carpathians at the confluence of the Vycha and Volovchyk rivers.

  • Ivano-Frankivsk is about 150 km away;
  • Lviv is about 200 km away;
  • Mukachevo is 60 km away;
  • Uzhhorod is 120 km away.

Those who are travelling to Volovets should be told how to get here right away.

The railway runs through the village. All you need to do is take a train in Lviv and get to the right stop. Long-distance trains from Mukachevo, Odesa, Uzhhorod, Kharkiv or Chop also stop here.

Buses are easy to get to from Lviv in the direction of Mizhhirya and Svaliava. There is also a flight from Uzhhorod to Volovets. The nearest airport is located in Uzhhorod.

If you are travelling by car, you should take the Kyiv – Chop road to the Transcarpathian region. Near the village of Nyzhni Vorota, turn left onto the T-07-18 highway and follow it for 13 km.

Volovets and Podobovets and Pylypets are also easily accessible by public transport or minibuses

Detailed weather