The shelter on Yavirnik was built in 1936 by the Czechoslovak Tourist Club (Klub Československych Turistů) and belonged to 17 similar institutions of this organizations in Transcarpathia. The club was very active, in addition to building and maintaining shelters, its members studied the tourist possibilities of the region, laid out marked routes, prepared guidebooks and did other useful things for the development of tourism.
Unfortunately, the Second World War stopped this progress for a long time. The shelter was ransacked and was not used for a long time. Only in the 1960s, the building was put in order by the Regional Children’s Excursion and Tourist Station. Since the 1990s, it has changed hands, and since 2015 it has been completely restored by the “Carpathian Trails” tourist association.