2 days / 1 night
Spa tour to Transcarpathia: vats and thermal waters takes place every Monday-Tuesday all year round!
Not a tour, but a real pleasure :)) bathing in a tub x with hydrogen sulfide water over an open fire and thermal springs; delicious Transcarpathian and Hungarian cuisine, fragrant Transcarpathian wine and Carpathian eco-products. In addition, you will find exciting tours of Uzhgorod , Beregovo; in Nevytsky castle.
The ancient mountain village of Lumshory has been known for its recreational features since the 17th century. In Lumshory: a short walk to the beautiful waterfalls Nightingale and Davir, as well as swimming in hydrogen sulfide tubs on an open fire on the banks of a mountain river. A few steps away is an icy mountain stream, which is dived into after bathing in a hot tub. Both in summer and in winter the procedure takes place in the open air.
Beregovo – an ancient city located near the Hungarian border and considered the center of Hungarian culture and the capital winemaking in Transcarpathia. You will have a walk through the center of Berehove , acquaintance with Hungarian culture, historical and architectural monuments.
After a short excursion you can swim in the unique thermal pools . Water comes here from a well with a depth of 1100 m. Similar thermal springs are available only in New Zealand, Sakhalin, Iceland. Its temperature is kept at about the same level – 39 degrees. Underground springs are very hot (50-52 ° C.), but on the way up the water cools down a bit. Here you can swim in the open air, even in severe frosts.
09:00 – Meeting of tourists at the railway station Uzhgorod with a representative of the tour operator About the Carpathians.
– Departure for a tour (things on the bus).
– Moving to the ancient mountain village of Lumshory.
– A short walk to the small but very picturesque waterfalls Nightingale and Davir.
– Bathing in tubs with hydrogen sulfide water, on an open fire, on the banks of a mountain river. Fantastic pleasure, about which the ambassadors of Peter I wrote when walking through the Carpathians. A huge cast-iron tub with a capacity of about 2,000 liters stands in the middle of a wooden hut without a roof. It is filled with mineral water and heated with firewood over an open fire. There are several stones in the tub. You go inside (6 – 8 people), and the hospitable host puts firewood in the fire and cooks you over low heat. When you feel that the blood starts to boil (although in fact the water is heated to no more than + 43 ° C), jump out! In a few steps – an icy mountain stream, dive headfirst – and back into the tub. Both in summer and in winter the procedure takes place in the open air. Pleasant, driving and very useful procedure!
– Lunch-tasting in the ethno-restaurant “Horseshoe” (additional fee 200 UAH / person)
– Nevytsky Castle – history and legends.
– Moving to Uzhgorod. Check-in.
19:30 – Evening tour of Uzhgorod.
Breakfast at the hotel. Eviction from rooms.
– Visiting thermal springs (bathing extra charge – 450 UAH / person / 3 hours).
– Lunch. Delicious Hungarian cuisine.
– Moving to Beregovo.
– Walk through the city center. The border town of Beregovo is the capital of winemaking in Transcarpathia. Walking tour, acquaintance with Hungarian culture, historical and architectural monuments:
– Interesting excursion to the old cellar with wine tasting (extra charge 100 UAH / person)
18:00 – Transfer to Mukachevo railway station.
The tour runs every Monday to Tuesday all year round!
Recommended time of arrival in Uzhgorod: until 09:00.
Information about the meeting with the representative of the travel agency “About the Carpathians” at the entrance to the station from the side of the track with the sign “About the Carpathians”.
Please provide arrival information (arrival time, train number, car number, tourist phone number) immediately after purchasing railway tickets. For tourists who did not provide data on the arrival of mines. 5 days before the day of arrival – independent arrival at the hotel.
The firm reserves the right to change the program without changing the scope of services provided. The time and place of gathering of tourists on excursions, can be adjusted, please specify before arrival.
Documents: infolist for the tour (issued in 3-5 days before arrival), passport, birth certificate for children, insurance.
Uzhhorod is an exceptionally attractive intertwining and center of various European cultures. Here the brightest aromas and tastes, national traditions and religious denominations coexist. Here you can discover the unique charm of ancient architecture and touching mini-monuments. Then, thanks to the diversity of culture and proximity to other countries, before going on a trip you can visit the cozy cafes and restaurants, where it is recommended to enjoy delicious food and delicious coffee.
The village of Nevytske is notable for the fact that Nevytsky Castle is located in it. Before him there was an ancient citadel, destroyed during the Tatar-Mongol invasion. The new fortress was built in the 13th century. on top of a hill overlooking the valley of the river Uzh. In 1644 the castle was captured and wiped off the face of the earth by the Transylvanian voivode György Rakoczi. Now the ruins of the building are preserved by historians and are available for inspection.
The town of Perechyn becomes a stopping point after visiting the Lumshory thermal springs. Here is the ethno-restaurant "Horseshoe", where travelers are offered a huge selection of Transcarpathian cuisine, the most spicy point of which is the unique frog legs. If desired, each tourist will choose a lunch option from the menu or take part in the tasting of the most popular Transcarpathian dishes. It is better to drink them with local compote and a unique pear stick.
Transcarpathia has always been famous for its healing mineral springs. From time immemorial, it was enough to find a convenient place in a mountain hollow or pit, smear it with clay and heat the water with hot stone. Thus arose the first spa resorts. And the village of Lumshory in the Perechyn region became their central point. Locals pour mineral-enriched liquid into cast iron vats. The oldest of the tanks used today dates back to 1600. Such bathing, especially contrasting, has a unique health effect for the functioning of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems.
Beregovo is one of the best thermal resorts in the world. There is a very strong influence of Hungarian culture. Travelers will be greeted by unique historical and architectural monuments, among which it is recommended to get acquainted with the palace of the county court, the Reformed Church, the Roman Catholic Church of the 12th century. or the ancient bridge over the river Verke. And then you should visit the restaurant, which offers a very tasty menu with local wine.
Kosino is the westernmost location in Ukraine. The village is located in a bowl of mountains just 0.5 km from the Hungarian border. At the end of the 20th century. unique thermal springs were discovered here. Their mineral composition does not coincide with any of the world's deposits. It helps heal patients suffering from diseases of the nerves, heart, blood vessels and joints. Have water and tonic effect. Therefore, tourists are invited to try the effects of a variety of baths, saunas, hammams, Roman, salt and grass burrows.
Mukachevo - not too big, European city in the style of Krakow or Prague, built in 896 on the river Latorytsia. His patron saint is St. Martin. Therefore, the national color of the Transcarpathian region is emphasized by Western influences. Here are special historical monuments and amazing architectural structures. The city impresses with its extraordinary planning, stunning cuisine, cozy restaurants and the bright beauty of the streets. In summer, Mukachevo also attracts fans of rafting and rafting on catamarans on the Tisza and Latorica.