A tour of the castles of Transcarpathia offers to touch the unique historical heritage of Transcarpathia, which will surprise you with its bright diversity. You will discover the mysterious principality of Transylvania, which included the surrounding lands.
You should visit one of the most beautiful castles in our country, where the history of Europe took place, and the walls of which will tell true stories of love, valor, nobility and self-sacrifice. You will not only hear ancient legends, touch the beautiful, but also meet amazing people who reproduce the history, beauty and cultural heritage of the Silver Land not in words but in deeds.
– Departure from Uzhgorod.
– Moving through the village of Seredne, where you will learn about the history of the eastern outpost of the Knights Templar, one of the most mysterious castles not only in Transcarpathia, but in all of Ukraine – Serednyansky Castle.
– Excursion to the historical center of Mukachevo (Roman Catholic Cathedral of St. Martin IV century, Greek Catholic Cathedral IX century, City Hall and other cultural and architectural monuments).
– Excursion to the Mukachevo castle Palanok (IX-VIII centuries), which is rightly considered one of the seven architectural wonders of Ukraine.
– Visiting the castle of love – “St. Miklos” (XV century), located in the village of Chinadiyevo.
– Excursion to the romantic hunting castle of the Counts of Schönborn (XIX century). The hunting castle is built in a neo-romantic style that combines Romanesque and Gothic motifs. Incredibly beautiful architectural structure! A walk along the alleys of the ancient county arboretum park to the source of youth. Lake with ducks and swans, aviary with wild animals. There is a special aura of pacification…
– Moving to Uzhgorod.
The cost of an individual tour is calculated depending on the number of people.
Everyone who is inquisitive, not indifferent to history and knows how to appreciate the beautiful, we invite you to visit a tour of the castles of Transcarpathia. There are 12 castles or their remains on the territory of Zakarpattia region – and we will show the best of them.
Excursion to the castles of Transcarpathia takes place every Sunday. Departure from Uzhgorod and Mukachevo.
Uzhhorod is an exceptionally attractive intertwining and center of various European cultures. Here coexist the brightest aromas and tastes, national traditions and religious denominations. Here you can discover the unique charm of ancient architecture and touching mini-monuments. Then, thanks to the diversity of culture and the proximity of other countries, before going on a trip you can visit the cozy cafes and restaurants, where it is recommended to enjoy delicious food and delicious coffee.
Templar Castle in Transcarpathia - Serednyansky Castle, or rather its ruins, in the village of Seredne, which is located near Uzhgorod.
The power and wealth of the ancient monastic order was admired even by European monarchs. After the first crusade, the treasury of knights trying on robes grew steadily. However, not gold, but another treasure of foothill ores - salt, brought the Templars respect and indescribable profits. Such a precious commodity for medieval Europe needed protection. The generous Carpathian region relentlessly attracted conquerors, and its trade routes - thieves and bandits.
Mukachevo - not too big, European city in the style of Krakow or Prague, built in 896 on the river Latorytsia. His patron is St. Martin. Therefore, the national color of the Transcarpathian region is emphasized by Western influences. Here are special historical monuments and amazing architectural structures. The city impresses with its extraordinary planning, stunning cuisine, cozy restaurants and bright streets. In summer, Mukachevo also attracts fans of rafting and rafting on catamarans on the Tisza and Latorica.
St. Miklos Castle in Transcarpathia is a fortress of love forgotten by contemporaries, hiding under the guise of a worn-out guard at the Russian Gate. This mountain pass opened the way for the West to the valley of the Latoritsa River and further - to all the lands of Russia, so it gathered around it stone guards. In the vicinity of Palanka, which was revived in the restoration, the castle in Chinadiyovo may mistakenly seem like a sleepy old man. But what amazing dreams come true in its towers and halls!
After the trip it is best to inhale the aroma of linden and sakura, relax on the embankment of Uzhgorod, walk towards the forest of UzhNU. Ungvar, who celebrated his millennium, gives everyone a sense of uniqueness. Therefore, after visiting the city, the traveler gives him his whole soul forever. And the memories of a unique tour will remain in your memory for a lifetime.