If you want to get to know Transcarpathia in all its diversity, we invite you to take part in the educational tour “Highlights of Khust Region: Thermal Springs, Deer and Cheese”, which gives you a vivid and unforgettable experience.
You will visit the village of Iza, the centre of wickerwork, where craftsmen create masterpieces from ordinary willow vines. At the deer farm, you will meet one of the most graceful animals – the spotted deer. In the village of Baranovo, you will visit a craft cheese factory that produces organic cheeses and take part in a tasting. A useful addition to the tour will be a visit to thermal pools with unique healing water. And all this – against the backdrop of picturesque mountain panoramas of Khust region.
Programme Excursion to Khust “Highlights of Khust region: thermal springs, deer and cheese”:
- Departure from Uzhgorod.
- Stop in the village of Kamianske – morning coffee in the Night Fairy cafe.
- The city of Khust – the Krasne Pole memorial complex.
- Iza – the centre of wickerwork.
- A farm of spotted deer. These wonderful animals are so accustomed to people that they eat from hands and willingly take pictures with tourists. Standing near the animal pen, you will have the opportunity to feed them, and you will be surprised by their tenderness.
- Excursion with tasting at the cheese factory.
- Velyatyno – swimming in healing thermal springs.
- Velyka Kopanya is the “source of twins” (the source of the cleanest water in Ukraine).
- Return to Uzhgorod.
* During the daffodil bloom, a visit to the thermal pools is replaced by an excursion to the Narcissus Valley, which is located in the Kireshi tract, in the vicinity of Khust.
Day of the tour: Wednesday.