From 3 hours
There is no person who would not enjoy a nice bike ride. It can be especially joyful if the route is laid along the streets of proud, multinational, ancient Uzhgorod, which has a unique charm. The guided tour of Uzhhorod will present uniquely stunning and bright emotions, provide a charge of positive energy and lift your spirits. The traveler will discover the most remarkable monuments of the ancient city with a thousand-year history and rare architectural monuments, large themed “Transcarpathian bears” and charming mini-sculptures. He will hear amazing myths and stories about real events, visit cafes and taste charming almond cakes made by the best confectioners of Ukraine!
Along the way, tourists will find a great chance to visit the famous museum-inn, which combines the most important Transcarpathian exhibits. In addition, travelers enjoy local cuisine with a distinctive taste. Everyone who went on a tour will be given a gift in the form of a souvenir and a detailed map of the city.
Cycling tour in Transcarpathia is not reduced to a simple leisure time. This is not just an active holiday, but a great way to explore the city in all its sophistication, beauty, uniqueness, in the widest variety of angles for viewing the best attractions. Cycling on Ungvar, which has survived more than a thousand years of turmoil and peaceful life, is perfect for those who want to quickly see all the fun. It is also suitable for those who do not have a large amount of time, but dream of getting to know the city better. He is given the opportunity to get detailed information about it without harming its environment, and giving himself maximum pleasure.
– Exquisite and elegant area, as if migrated from the Czech Republic, where there are magical mini-statues and a monument to the first ruler of Carpathian Russia.
– A bike ride along the longest in all of Europe and an equally beautiful lime alley.
– Theater Square is the center of ancient Uzhgorod, to which all roads and paths converge.
– Lunch Break. All cyclists are invited by the brightest institution in Uzhgorod, which works in its best traditions. Everyone will be offered a cup of coffee with macaroni nut cakes, created according to the best French recipes by the famous Ukrainian confectioner Valentin Stefano.
– Beautiful cathedral, park with observation deck and Hasidic synagogue.
– The castle, which made Uzhhorod and the Old Village famous all over the world, is an open-air museum of local lore. Here the whole of Transcarpathia will appear in miniature, but by no means in truncated form. The most important thing is to present the open-air museum in its entirety to the interested eye.
– Corso is a unique street with its small courtyards, a special spirit and attractive cafes.
– A tour of the inn-museum “Children at the notary” will allow you to try the brightest national dishes of Transcarpathia, as well as get acquainted with rare souvenirs and exhibits of the region.
Uzhhorod is an exceptionally attractive intertwining and center of various European cultures. Here coexist the brightest aromas and tastes, national traditions and religious denominations. Here you can discover the unique charm of ancient architecture and touching mini-monuments. Then, thanks to the diversity of culture and the proximity of other countries, before going on a trip you can visit the cozy cafes and restaurants, where it is recommended to enjoy delicious food and delicious coffee.
Independence Embankment, located on the right bank of the river Uzh, is the most beautiful in the city. Along it stretches one of the longest lime alleys in Europe with a length of 2.2 km. More than 300 trees were planted in 1928 by Czech botanists.
The embankment is crossed by five small squares. On one of them stands a monument to the President of Carpathian Ukraine Augustyn Voloshin. On the east side, the Independence Embankment rests on E. Fentsyk Square (formerly Teatralna), where you can see a monument to the local artist I. Roshkovych, after whom the Embankment had its first name, and one of the oldest ash trees in Ukraine - Masaryk ash. The tree is named after the first president of the Czechoslovak Republic, a prominent scientist and politician Tomas Masaryk, during whose reign (1918-1937) Uzhhorod was put in order and built up.
Today the square remains one of the most charming highlights of the city. Surrounded by historic buildings, it is also the center of modern life in Uzhgorod. Interesting events and emotions regularly take place here. There is a big stage on the square, from which music, singing or just children's laughter are constantly heard. Next to the stage is a monument to Roshkovich, near which you can usually see a crowd of tourists rushing to take a souvenir photo.
The architectural style of Corso Street was formed in the late 19th - early 20th centuries, when the city was part of Austria-Hungary and Czechoslovakia. But it is not only the architectural originality that attracts guests and Uzhgorod residents: almost every house built on Corso Street has its own interesting history or legend. In recent years, new monuments and original sculptures have appeared on the "streets for walks", which in their own way express her face and make it unique.
The oldest street in Uzhhorod was once called Zamkova Street. It was the only street located within the outer fortifications of the castle. In the early 19th century. the name Kapitulna gradually became attached to the street.