Додати об'єкт до каталогу

Надсилайте актуальну інформацію та отримуйте більше цільових клієнтів. Ми розмістимо ваш об’єкт у нашому каталозі та покажемо поруч із локаціями, а також у загальному каталозі, це безкоштовно!

Church of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the village of Abranka

The village of Abranka, Mukachevo District, Zakarpattia Region, was founded in 1611. In 1692, historical sources mention a church in it. In 1733, a wooden temple of the Holy Mother of God in the village of Abranka with three bells was already mentioned.

The modern Church of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the village of Abranka was built in 1804. The church is located away from the main noisy highway (GPS: 48.737324, 23.0856429) on the high bank of a stream that flows through the village.

Абранківський храм на старій світлині

Next to the church there is a two-tiered, massive, low bell tower with a tin roof and a dome. Of its three bells, the smallest is the oldest. It was cast in 1807 by the craftsmen Franz Leherer and Paul Schmitz in Presov.

Photos and video of the Church of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the village of Abranka

A brief overview

🗺 Location N48°44′06″ E23°06′05″
🛠 Built 1804 year
⛪ Style Baroque
🧭 Distance from Zhdeniyevo 11 km
🚙 Road for Auto and on foot
🏕 Stop with a tent No
🏡 Housing nearby Zhdeniyevo
☕ Cafes and shops Zhdeniyevo

Getting to the Church of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Abranka

 Walking route

🔰 Start From the parking lot near the temple
🚶 Walking distance A walk through the territory of the church

On the map

Detailed description of the Church of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Abranka

The church is three-log, consists of three parts. However, thanks to the common roof, the church looks compact, its division into three spaces is not felt from the outside.

In the western part of the church, above the nave, rises a relatively low but wide tower, which has a two-tiered finish in the Baroque form.

An attic stretches along the perimeter of the church, which in the front part rests on the column of the open porch. In the eastern part of the church, between the attic and the roof, there is a round window.

The church is painted yellow. In the western part of the church yard, a few meters from the church building, there is a wooden two-story bell tower. Above the first tier there is an apse, the second ends with a low head of baroque form. In the first tier of the belfry, on the eastern side, there is a door, also arched.

Among the neighboring local wooden churches, the Abrankivska church is distinguished by the fact that it was the only one that managed to preserve its wooden shingle roof.

The interior of the shrine is decorated with wonderful embroidered icons, the authors of which are local craftsmen Hanna Golyan, Olena Golyan, Maria Golinka. An iconostasis of the end of the 19th century, a large icon of the “Crucifixion” and an old processional cross have been preserved in the church.

What is interesting nearby

Other interesting places

Церква Введення Пресвятої Богородиці в селі Абранка
The village of Abranka, Mukachevo District, Zakarpattia Region, was founded in 1611. In 1692, historical sources mention a church in
Церква святого Василя в селі Задільське
The current church of St. Basil in the village of Zadilske, Mukachevo district, Zakarpattia region, was most likely built by
Церква Вознесіння Господнього в селі Тишів
For the first time, the village of Tyshiv of the Mukachevo district of the Transcarpathian region was mentioned in historical
Ужоцький перевал
There are enough roads in Transcarpathia. All of them pass through the Carpathian passes, and each of them offers wonderful
Михайлівська церква у Сваляві
The Church of Archangel Michael (Svalyava) is a Lemki church in the Bystry suburb of the city of Svalyava (Bystryanska
Обавський камінь
The Obava stone is a unique natural monument of the Mukachevo district of the Zakarpattia region. It is the crater
Палац графів Шенборнів (замок Берегвар)
In 1840, the owners of the Mukachevo-Chinadiyovo dominion, the Counts Schönborn, built a wooden house in the Berehvar tract as
Хата-музей «Лемковская садиба»
This unique house-museum was created in 1985 in the village of Zarichevo. Perechinsky region. It reflects the life and way
Бункер «Лінія Арпада»
During the Second World War, the Hungarian government built a military defense line in the north-eastern Carpathians - the Arpad
Водоспад Шипот
A visit to the uniquely beautiful Shypot waterfall will be no less impressive. It originates from a deep underground spring,
Водоспад Воєводин
Transcarpathian waterfalls will not surprise an experienced traveler, they can not be compared in height and power with the world
Полонина Руна
If the weather allows, be sure to make a climb to the rune (Rivne). During one day you can conquer

Tours and excursions

Accommodation nearby

Готель «Extreme»
St. Shevchenko, 257, Zhdenievo
+380 ....

from 700₴/night
Готель «Лісова казка» у Жденієво
Zbini village, 75A (Zhdenievo)
+380 ....

from 800₴/night

Leisure nearby

Ресторан «Жди Ня Єво»
St. Shevchenka, 251, Zhdenievo village, Transcarpathian region.
+380 ....