The village of Nyzhniy Studenyi in Khust district of Transcarpathian region was first mentioned in documents in the XVI century. But it was not until the spring of 1820 that a church was built in the village. According to the Bible, it was in the spring of 7 April that the archangel Gabriel brought the good news that the Virgin Mary would give birth to the son of God. That is why the church in the village of Nizhniy Studenyi was named the Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The area is rich in mineral waters of the carbon dioxide-chlorocalcium type (53 explored springs). The most famous of them are Soymivske, Vuchkovske, Kolochava, Verkhnobystryanske, and Kelechynske. The water of the latter is used to treat radiation sickness.