Description of the St. Nicholas Church in Bilasovytsia
The church in Bilasovytsia stands on a steep hillside surrounded by hundred-year-old trees against the background of Mount Pikuy. In order to level the building in a horizontal position, the craftsmen put the altar part of the building on a high foundation. The church is three-logged. The nave and nave are under one gable roof. Since the altar part is ribbed and semicircular, the roof above it is made of four triangles. Above the altar part rises a miniature square turret with a crown and a small cross. Above the nave, in the western part of the church, rises a rather massive square tower, crowned by a crown with a turret and a cross above it.
The church building is surrounded by an attic, which in the western part turns into a closed veranda. In the western wall of the nave, above the attic, there is a round window. A small window of the same shape is also located on the eastern wall of the altar part of the temple.
Not far from the central entrance, to the right of the church, there is a two-story square wooden bell tower. The first tier encircles the attic, and above the second there are voice boxes, on the column of which rests a four-pitched roof topped with a cross. The bell tower was built in the 1920s. There are three bells in it. Two bells do not contain any inscriptions. According to tradition, they were made in Uzhgorod. The third bell was made in Khomutov in 1924 at the Richard Herold company.
The first iconostasis in the church was moved from the previous church. The icons for the second iconostasis were painted by a mute artist from Galicia. The icons painted in the 1970s have survived to our time.