In the villages of the Mukachevo district, as well as in other plain villages of the region, almost no wooden church monuments have survived. Only in the village of Vilkhovitsa, not far from the village of Chynadievo, is the wooden church of St. Dmytro, built in the 17th century, preserved. The date of construction of the church is established on the basis of the carved inscription on the door. Initially, the church was located in the neighboring village of Bystrytsia. In 1910, the church was moved to Vilkhovytsa and rebuilt. The shingle covering of the church roof has even been preserved to this day.
The interior of the temple is decorated with icons of the 17th century and an interesting figured cutout in the inner wall between the western and central rooms.
Since 2018, the temple has been recognized as a monument of cultural heritage of national significance with an entry in the relevant register.