At a distance of two kilometers South of the village of danylovo Khust district The neighboring village of Kraynikovo begins in the Transcarpathian region. The village has about 1.5 thousand inhabitants. Here you will have to wander a little in search of temple’s,which is located away from the highway. According to the old ones legends, once the village ” moved here after the plague from the Golda tract. In that, the first Kraynikovo, already was church, which stood on the hill of the Church. We decided to build a new one in Dubrava near sources.
Tridilna St. Michael’s Church built in the years 1666-1668 of oak logs. It is narrower than the other temples in the neighbouring villages. It was used by craftsmen from neighboring villages when building new ones churches. The temple is 25 meters high and 14 meters long. Around the oaks-the same age as the Shrine. A wooden cross was attached to an oak tree in 1884. The porch of the Church is decorated with various ornaments, and in the center there is a symbolic image of the sun.
The last time the Church was restored was in 1971. The Eastern wall is covered with paintings of the XVII-XVIII centuries. They are very rare, because they are made on canvas, pasted on the walls of the log house. On them you can see the figures of the apostles and Pantocrator, and under the monochrome image of the Saint Nikolay’s on the South wall survived the Church donor’s inscription with date: 1771 year. Various iconostases have been preserved in fragments, some of the icons of which date back to the 17th century. In the sacristy it is more difficult to see the paintings: they are almost invisible, since they have faded over time.
The Church was given away Greek-Catholic the village community at the beginning of the XXI century. The community is small, and there is not enough money to restore the roof. The lightning rod is weak. Nearby, as a warning, are the remains of a young oak tree that was injured by lightning. At the time when this part of Transcarpathia belonged to Czechoslovakia, they wanted to take the Church to Prague, and they would have taken it if not for the war. And after the war they set it up here rural Museum.
Wooden belfry St. Michael’s Church (1668) was moved to a new Orthodox Church and covered with a plaque. Probably not to get bored with the look of the old wooden covering, which needed restoration.
Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!
Давайте покращимо цю статтю!
Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?