Greek Catholics, who at that time had 2 churches of their own in the city, helped them organize services. They gave the Catholics a wooden chapel, which they converted into a church. In 1791, the Catholic community in Rakhiv received the status of a branch, and in 1810, thanks to Bishop P. Klobushytsky, it became a parish. The modern church was built from 1822 to 1826. It is located in the very center of the city at Myru Street, 18.
In 1872, the cathedral was restored. The roof was raised and a belfry was erected, and in 1884 an organ was installed.
In Soviet times, the local authorities wanted to demolish the church in order to reconstruct the main square of the city, but the faithful managed to defend the shrine. From 2004 to 2005, a new renovation was carried out, giving the church a modern look. In 2006, a complete replacement of the church floor was carried out, and in 2014, the consecration of the renovated church by Bishop Antal Meinek took place.