One of the largest villages in the Tyachiv district is Nyzhnya Apsha (until 2004, Dibrova). The population of the village is over seven thousand people. The first written mention of it dates back to 1380. The main local landmark, the ancient wooden St Nicholas Church with a bell tower, is not visible from the road. The church was built in 1604 and rebuilt in the 18th century. It stands on a high hill. This temple is an excellent example of Maramoros Gothic. In Soviet times, the temple housed a museum of folk life, which saved it from destruction. In 1994, the temple was returned to the religious community.