History of the Dragobrat resort
Dragobrat began its history as a resort and tourist center at the dawn of the 20th century. In those distant times, a whole network of tourist shelters was created in the Dragobrat tract, located on hiking routes.
In Soviet times, the development of Dragobrat’s recreational potential continued. In 1956, the “Dragobrat” shelter was built, which belonged to the “Edelweiss” camp (Yasinya village). This building has been preserved to this day. In Soviet times, tourists who hiked from the Chornogirsky Range to the Synevir lakes. However, until the 1980s, this place attracted only small groups of tourists, who were mostly fans of mountain skiing, as well as members of sports clubs from Lviv and Kyiv. They mastered the almost pristine slopes, taking with them their own self-made portable lifts.
Over time, Dragobrat became more and more popular. So, already at the end of the 1980s, in June-July, the territory between Mala and Velika Blyznytsia became the venue for sports meetings of slalomists-collectors of Ukraine. Portable equipment and part of the equipment were delivered to these places by helicopter.
In 1980, an avalanche laboratory was built at the foot of Mount Stig. Along with it, the VL-1000 rope hoist (1000 m long, powered by a diesel generator) was installed there. The two-story building of the laboratory itself was equipped with everything necessary for the overnight stay of a small group of people. Since then, these places have been chosen for skiing by scientists and officials of the All-Union level. Later, the first exit in Dragobrat was moved a little to the left, where it still works.
Unfortunately, in 1991, the avalanche laboratory was destroyed by fire. After the collapse of the USSR in 1993, the remnants of the aforementioned avalanche laboratory farm were purchased by former skiers and entrepreneurs from Poltava, who turned Dragobrat into a famous ski resort.