Description of the Church of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the village of Lokit
Researchers believe that notches and traces of corner joints on the beams may indicate that the church was moved to Lokit from another village.
This three-timbered church of the Introduction of the Holy Mother of God, built of oak logs, has been preserved to this day and dates from 1734 according to the inscription on the board.
The level logs of the nave and nave of the church are wider than the pentagonal log of the altar part. The attic, which encircles the building, near the western wall of the temple forms the roof of the porch, which stands on carved columns. The nave and babinets share a high roof. The roof of the altar part looks miniature. A square tower with a tented roof rises above the nave, which turns into a tall, pointed spire with a four-pitched apron, ending with a cross. Today, the church is covered with slate gray Eternite tiles, which was installed instead of a wooden roof covering back in 1937. Despite this reconstruction, the temple managed to keep its original appearance almost unchanged.
Next to the church is an open bell tower covered with a four-sided tent roof.
Thanks to the spire-like finish, the church is included in the group of “Gothic” Lemki churches Transcarpathia. In 1963, the temple was listed among the architectural monuments of the Ukrainian SSR.
Ancient prayer books, ancient icons and frescoes are stored in the church. The temple is active.