Remains of the Nyalab castle in the urban type settlementу Korolevo (formerly Kiralyhago) Vinogradovsky district it’s hard not to see. The hill on which the ruins are located rises above the village to a height of more than fifty meters. The path to them goes past the new Orthodox Church church at the foot. Once there was a large Slavic settlement.
On the site of the old Slavic settlement in the XII century the Hungarian king IstvanV ordered to build a wooden one hunting house. Hence the Hungarian name of the castle-Kiralgaza – “house of the king”.
To strengthen the borders of the state and protect “salt way” in the second half of the XIII century Beilla IV built a stone Church here fortress. At the beginning of the XIV century, after the capture of the Kankov castle by the Royal troops, its owner Beke Borsho, a member of the anti-Habsburg coalition of feudal lords, hid in the Royal castle. The fortress withstood a long siege, but was still occupied by the soldiers of the Hungarian king Charles Robert. On his orders, the fortress was severely damaged and rebuilt by the Italian architect Aristotle Fioravanti (who supervised the construction of the assumption Cathedral in the Moscow Kremlin).
According to a Charter of 1378 the king Zsigmond handed over the castle and Dominie marmoroshskiye zhupan Long, but, afraid of the growing influence of the Greek voivode, in 1405 gave Nyalab family of barons Feathers.
In 1514, members of the uprising led by Derd Doge attacked the castle and burned the farm buildings. In 1526, the owner of the castle, Gabor pereni, was killed during the battle of mohac. His widow and children and their tutor Benedek Komyaty, a native of the neighboring village of Bolshye Komyaty, remained in the fortress. In the Royal castle, he translated part of the Bible from Latin to Hungarian language. This translation was printed in the city of Cracow in 1533. This is how Benedek Komyati made history Reformations churches in Hungary.
In the XVI-XVII centuries between Peren and Habsburgthere were frequent disagreements. In 1672, after the discovery of the anti-Habsburg plot, by order of king Leopold I, the castle was destroyed, although the participation of the castle owner in this plot was not proven. After that, the fortress was no longer restored.
Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!
Давайте покращимо цю статтю!
Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?