The appearance of the present church of St Basil the Great in the village of Sil (GPS: 48.95308855, 22.524218273591) is very similar to the story of the wooden church from the village of Kostryno. Only a few kilometres separate Kostryno from the village of Sil, Uzhhorod district, Transcarpathian region, the first mention of which is found in documents from the 16th century. Researchers have two versions of this event. According to one, in 1707 a Boykivska wooden church was moved to the village of Sil from the Carpathian village of Syanky. According to the second version, the church was built in Syanky in 1703 and moved to the village of Sil in 1777. It has been preserved here since the 18th century.