The town of Chop is an important railway junction on the border with Hungarian and Slovakia at a distance of 25 km from Uzhgorod’s.It is quite rightly called the” gate ” of Ukraine. The population of Chop city is about nine thousand people.
Chop received Its name from magnates’ The chapis who owned it. In historical sources, it was first mentioned in 1281. It had a very stormy history. Over the course of its history, the chop has changed 142 owners. In 1514, the inhabitants of chop took part in a peasant revolt that engulfed Hungarian. Of the 32 farmers who took part in it, only one managed to survive. In the XVI century, the PSC was often attacked by Turks and Tatars. In the XVIII century Ferenc II Rakoczy zbudowa in COP bodosakio Zemlyane dam, Yak ryatuval people from poona.
Starting in 1872, the PSC began to develop rapidly. This was facilitated by the fact that the Debrecen railway line ran through it-Mukachevo. Since then, the PSC has become a hub connecting Western European countries with Ukraine. At the beginning of the XX century, the population of chop was 1,800 people. More than two-thirds of them worked on the railway. At the same time, a school and library were opened in chop.
In Soviet times, a brick and Tile factory operated in chop, shop of textile and haberdashery factory, consumer services combine. In the 1980s a new railway station was built, 2 hospitals, clinics, and 2 schools operated, 5 libraries.
In 1957, Chop officially became a city. According tolegend Joseph Stalin had a hand in this when he left the Potsdam conference and stayed there. It is said that after his visit to the PSC, Stalin declared that it should be a city, not a village.
Today this border city hosts transport companies terminals, depots, points of technical inspection of cars and their relocation from a narrow gauge wide and Vice versa.
Ми шкодуємо, що ця стаття не виявилася корисною для вас!
Давайте покращимо цю статтю!
Розкажіть, як ми можемо покращити цю статтю?